Under coatings

Under coatings

8 Ball

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 stock cj8 Laredo
1955 Willys wagon on a 79 Cherokee chassis
So I did a quick search on this and didnt see anything that addressed what I was looking for. I just picked up one of the cleanest rust free CJ8 's ive came across.
I plan on using it for my dd and do plan to do a frame off but not until next year. I am looking for a way to protect the frame and under body through this winter and am hoping someone has a good option.

Thanks

I would think if you keep it clean and minimize the time the salt and the sand spend on it you should be fine for a year. Remember it has lasted over thirty years already. I also would think the undercoating would make it harder to remove some of the nuts and bolts when it came time to do the frame off. just my 2 cents

So I did a quick search on this and didnt see anything that addressed what I was looking for. I just picked up one of the cleanest rust free CJ8 's ive came across.
I plan on using it for my dd and do plan to do a frame off but not until next year. I am looking for a way to protect the frame and under body through this winter and am hoping someone has a good option.

Thanks

:)I would agree w/ Mr. Watson...........keep it clean rinse it off with clean water under the frame each time you use it and you should be fine for a year with no problem.........
Keep away from those Salt flats though...............they will tear anything up!
:D:D:D:D

I agree. But it depends on how extensive your frame off will need to be. If the frame or body will simply be cleaned and painted, you could do some of the prep and painting now with POR or something similar and you'd be that much further ahead. And if you will be doing things like sandblasting the frame, you could just put a coat of cheaper paint on it now for the winter. Then blast it off in the spring.

Thanks for the insight. The frame and body are nearly rust free but the winters are brutal and the roads are salted and sanded constantly. I like the idea of hitting it with some paint to get through the winter.

Thanks.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom