Under Hood Toolbox

Under Hood Toolbox

Shazam

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ-5 Renegade with '74 304 V8 & Edelbrock manifold & carb, Heddman headers & sidepipes, T-150 3 speed, Dana 20, Dana 30, AMC 20
Hi guys. I doubt if you can learn anything from a newbie - but I wanted to post something I came up with after seeing the $$$ Tuffy product I couldn't afford :). Plus, I ask enough questions of you guys...time to contribute something.

Finally found a toolbox that would fit from Tractor Supply. Then just mounted to the fender with Stainless bolts, etc. and used a galvanized L bracket for support at the front.

Nothing fancy, but it did the trick for about 15.00. Thanks.

Very cool. I used my under hood toolbox to house my aux. fuse block as well. I must also compliment you on your engine compartment - great attention to detail.

I like it. . . I LIKE IT A LOT.

Hmm that looks cool but how do you keep your tools from getting extremely hot? Sometimes working on the jeep can be aggravating and grabbing a hot tool(normally one left in the sun) can sometimes be the straw that conjures up a cussing fit.

I'm in the northeast Great in the winter time warm tools. LOL

Hmm that looks cool but how do you keep your tools from getting extremely hot? Sometimes working on the jeep can be aggravating and grabbing a hot tool(normally one left in the sun) can sometimes be the straw that conjures up a cussing fit.

I like the idea though. You just stock the tool box good, close the hood and forget about it. A tool box in the back of the Jeep can always be taken out and accidentally left home and not there when you need it most. This way you will always at least have something to work with. Hot tools would be better than no tools I guess. :p

I like the idea though. You just stock the tool box good, close the hood and forget about it. A tool box in the back of the Jeep can always be taken out and accidentally left home and not there when you need it most. This way you will always at least have something to work with. Hot tools would be better than no tools I guess. :p
I just imagine my hand having Kobalt permanently burned inot my palm haha

Cool install man

I just imagine my hand having Kobalt permanently burned inot my palm haha

Cool install man

That could be kinda cool...you know like the bad guy on Raiders of The Lost Ark when he grabs the hot medallion and it burns itself into his palm.

Just make sure you don't have tools with plastic or rubber grips on them. :)

Thanks for the compliments guys. They mean a lot from the experienced Jeepers here. :chug:

I never thought about the temperature - I'll wrap my tools in some reflectix bubble wrap I have. That will cushion the tools as well. Good call!

I thought it was cool and a good use of wasted space. I also can place any small valuables in there if I'm away for a while.

I forgot to mention that I used a piece of aluminum I had laying around to add support to the back end - kinda like a shelf. You can see it in the photo.

yeah I agree on the efficient use of space. Unfortunately I used that space for The powerdistribution center for my 4.0 components.... I guess i could use the fender with the horn..... I may follow you on this one one day.

Hi guys. I doubt if you can learn anything from a newbie - but I wanted to post something I came up with after seeing the $$$ Tuffy product I couldn't afford :). Plus, I ask enough questions of you guys...time to contribute something.

Finally found a toolbox that would fit from Tractor Supply. Then just mounted to the fender with Stainless bolts, etc. and used a galvanized L bracket for support at the front.

Nothing fancy, but it did the trick for about 15.00. Thanks.
nice install, find some foam in sheets and layer the tools in there between the foam and prevent them from rattling around, just a thought

Nice install, Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Hit up your local audio shop and grab dynamat, it`ll quiet rattles and has aluminum foil on both sides to shield heat.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom