up next

up next

dalefan88

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Media
Resources
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj5 258, t150, dana 20 transfer case, dana 30 front, 20 rear,warn hubs,2.5" procomp lift,teamrush,msd box,mc2100 carb,hedman header,clifford intake,optima battery, ford shock towers.
i got the heater core and im goin to do the blazer motor upgrade. now i get to see how fun this project going to be lol. i will let you guys know how it goes.

I believe you have to open up the hole in the firewall a little also. My CJ5 had it done already. You'll like it come winter time for sure.

ya opening the hole sounds like the hardest thing but reelly isnt that hard. can wait to get it done cause last winter was alittle cold riding in her.

LOL, just asked about heat in your other post.
I ran no heater or top last winter.
I've been eyeballing a heater from the rear of a
4 door blazer/tahoe. It's all in one minus the controls and
it's a hell of alot smaller than the stock jeep heater, the plastic
body anyway, but should put out as much if not more heat.

well i got the box out yesterday. not that bad. broke one bolt, o well. while i had the box out i cleaned up the wiring under the dash cause it was driving mrsdalefan nuts seeing some of them hanngin down. today im taking the old blower motor to work and matching it up to the blazer one. some of the stuff i read said get the one with ac and others say without. so im just taking it with so i dont have to make two trips caause my work is 30 miles away.

well got it done. i had alittle problem cutting the hole but got it. putting it back in by myself was a pain. the blower pushes out a hell of alot more air than the old one. i give it two thumbs up.

well got it done. i had alittle problem cutting the hole but got it. putting it back in by myself was a pain. the blower pushes out a hell of alot more air than the old one. i give it two thumbs up.
Good job!

Um... How about an 'article' for us... :) Jeep-CJ Tech. Articles

So which motor did you end up using, the A/C unit or the one without A/C?

"If you go to your local discount auto parts store, it is best not to confuse them with the truth. Ask them for a heater motor for a '73 Chevy Blazer with a 350 and air conditioning. The part is the same for all Blazers of that year regardless of engine size or air conditioning, but this is the normal stream of questions."

well i got the box out yesterday. not that bad. broke one bolt, o well. while i had the box out i cleaned up the wiring under the dash cause it was driving mrsdalefan nuts seeing some of them hanngin down. today im taking the old blower motor to work and matching it up to the blazer one. some of the stuff i read said get the one with ac and others say without. so im just taking it with so i dont have to make two trips caause my work is 30 miles away.

I was asking what he ended up with since he had conflicting information...Nothing like first hand information.

there is 3 different listings on it at my store. remember that i work at advance auto. a/c, w/o a/c, and front unit. with and w/o ac where both wrong and a total different style. i got the one that said front unit part
# 35587 by factory air.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom