Suspension Upgrading CJ7 Suspension

Suspension Upgrading CJ7 Suspension

oldcj7guy

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ7, 258, D20, AMC20
Hello, I'm new to the group; glad to be here. I have a '79 CJ7 that I acquired a year ago. I have other Jeeps that I offroad with, but I consider the CJ a project car. One of the things I'm considering is going to a spring/shock setup or a coilover setup. The problem I'm having is that I'm finding very little on the web that supports this kind of build. I've posted on other sites and have been told that if I want coil springs, get a TJ. I already have a built LJ, thank you. I'm into this for an interesting project and I don't care how long it takes.
Any advice or pointers to interesting equipment would be helpful. Again, glad to be here!

Solution
:welcome:
The most popular and easiest suspension upgrade is the YJ spring conversion. It will give a better ride and more flex. There are many kits out there. The most recommended uses Old Man Emu components.
Rocky Road sells a complete OME package ($850+), but there are others (BDS, etc.)
:welcome:
The most popular and easiest suspension upgrade is the YJ spring conversion. It will give a better ride and more flex. There are many kits out there. The most recommended uses Old Man Emu components.
Rocky Road sells a complete OME package ($850+), but there are others (BDS, etc.)
As for coil overs, GenRight is about the only one I know who sells a kit, but it takes some fab work. With shocks and links $2500.
gr1.JPG

Solution
Linking up a CJ with coil springs is not popular save for those who build very capable off road rigs. Building something simple on a CJ similar to a TJ would be very interesting. Post up what you will do.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks