Vacuum line diagram

Vacuum line diagram
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7, '94 Mustang GT, '08 Mustang GT
Does anyone know where I can get the vacuum line diagrams for a '79 CJ 7 with a 304 automatic with quadra-trac?

I have nothing for that year (or even the series)... I'll keep looking though!

I've done a lot of research on the vacuum line issue and it's not a pretty story. There were so many variants that the manufacturers were tinkering with back in the late 70's and early 80's to try to keep up with the ever changing anti-pollution laws. The best comment I found in my research was that the manufacturers through a bunch of spaghetti on the engine and said 'this is what makes it meet the requirements'...

Anyway, The basics are that you need a working pvc valve and you want to make sure you keep a clean PVC filter installed in the air cleaner housing. You want the coolant temperature override valve hooked up, the distributor vacuum advance and the exhaust gas recirculation valve. I managed to get my 81 CJ to pass emissions inspection here in Finland by hooking up the EGR and CTO and the distrubutor vacuum advance only.

You may also have the purge canister for the fuel tank and or a couple other items....

I have found some places with info here are the links:
Vacuum Line Routing

and 83 diagram for California is here:
Jeep CJ7 Needs An Emissions Diagram

an 85 4.2L diagram is here:
Jeff Daniel’s Jeeps | Message Board | Vacuum diagram

an '82 diagram is here:
Jeep CJ-7 Needs A Vacuum Diagram

I may have a few others lying around in my PC if these don't help. Feel free to e-mail me: whsmith.4th@gmail.com if I can be more help.

Does anyone know where I can get the vacuum line diagrams for a '79 CJ 7 with a 304 automatic with quadra-trac?

You'll have to copy and resize it. Sorry.

7879vacemislines.jpg

I'd like a good diagram for an 81 CJ7 with the 5 litre V8....

I've done a lot of research on the vacuum line issue and it's not a pretty story. There were so many variants that the manufacturers were tinkering with back in the late 70's and early 80's to try to keep up with the ever changing anti-pollution laws. The best comment I found in my research was that the manufacturers through a bunch of spaghetti on the engine and said 'this is what makes it meet the requirements'...

Anyway, The basics are that you need a working pvc valve and you want to make sure you keep a clean PVC filter installed in the air cleaner housing. You want the coolant temperature override valve hooked up, the distributor vacuum advance and the exhaust gas recirculation valve. I managed to get my 81 CJ to pass emissions inspection here in Finland by hooking up the EGR and CTO and the distrubutor vacuum advance only.

You may also have the purge canister for the fuel tank and or a couple other items....

I have found some places with info here are the links:
Vacuum Line Routing

and 83 diagram for California is here:
Jeep CJ7 Needs An Emissions Diagram

an 85 4.2L diagram is here:
Jeff Daniel’s Jeeps | Message Board | Vacuum diagram

an '82 diagram is here:
Jeep CJ-7 Needs A Vacuum Diagram

I may have a few others lying around in my PC if these don't help. Feel free to e-mail me: whsmith.4th@gmail.com if I can be more help.
Nice post WhsIV and welcome to the site! :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks