49tandc

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
42 Willys MB / L-134
52 Willys M38A1 / F-134
60 Willys Pickup / Flathead 6
71 Renegade-I / Oddfire; 4bbl; headers
I got a '71 Renegade-I from a close friend who recently passed away. He was very excited to get a 2-pc ventilated windshield for it. The inner and outer frames are in great shape, but I do not see how to attach the inner to the outer frame. There are no hinges on either one. It is not like a flatty windshield. This has 2 pc. glass and rounded corners.

Does anyone have an exploded view or pics showing how the inner attaches to the outer?

Thanks,
49T&C

I got a '71 Renegade-I from a close friend who recently passed away. He was very excited to get a 2-pc ventilated windshield for it. The inner and outer frames are in great shape, but I do not see how to attach the inner to the outer frame. There are no hinges on either one. It is not like a flatty windshield. This has 2 pc. glass and rounded corners.

Does anyone have an exploded view or pics showing how the inner attaches to the outer?

Thanks,
49T&C
Can you post some pics of what you have? I have never heard of a 2 pc ventilated windshield and I have been in Autoglass for over 30yrs

maybe like this,, some early CJ5 and CJ6 had this as an option I think :confused:

Last edited:
I've seen that it just flips up from the bottem to let air in what he is saying is its a two piece w/s as in a outer and a inner.

I've seen that it just flips up from the bottem to let air in what he is saying is its a two piece w/s as in a outer and a inner.
yea I dont think they made one that vented separately but I have been wrong before and dont know all the different jeeps , I was thinking this was what he was referring to as he probably doesn't have a hinge on either side as the inner frame comes down and seals to the outer frame

I'm starting to think he has been fed a line of bull and just has two frames one that opens on the bottem like your pics and one that doesn't. I would sure like to see some pics of what he has.

That is the one I have, but there are no hinges or lollipops (adjusters) on the side. I was just looking for a closer look. I'll try to get pics up this weekend.

49T&C

Alpha6I like that windshield. That would be sweet on my 80 CJ5. then I could run a safari type top and an open winshield. But I bet they leak air bad.

Alpha6,

Thanks for the link to SaturnSurplus. EXACTLY what I needed & a good price to boot. I just ordered 2 of them.

Thanks again,

49T&C

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks