49tandc

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
42 Willys MB / L-134
52 Willys M38A1 / F-134
60 Willys Pickup / Flathead 6
71 Renegade-I / Oddfire; 4bbl; headers
I got a '71 Renegade -I from a close friend who recently passed away. He was very excited to get a 2-pc ventilated windshield for it. The inner and outer frames are in great shape, but I do not see how to attach the inner to the outer frame. There are no hinges on either one. It is not like a flatty windshield. This has 2 pc. glass and rounded corners.

Does anyone have an exploded view or pics showing how the inner attaches to the outer?

Thanks,
49T&C

I got a '71 Renegade -I from a close friend who recently passed away. He was very excited to get a 2-pc ventilated windshield for it. The inner and outer frames are in great shape, but I do not see how to attach the inner to the outer frame. There are no hinges on either one. It is not like a flatty windshield. This has 2 pc. glass and rounded corners.

Does anyone have an exploded view or pics showing how the inner attaches to the outer?

Thanks,
49T&C
Can you post some pics of what you have? I have never heard of a 2 pc ventilated windshield and I have been in Autoglass for over 30yrs

maybe like this,, some early CJ5 and CJ6 had this as an option I think :confused:

Last edited:
I've seen that it just flips up from the bottem to let air in what he is saying is its a two piece w/s as in a outer and a inner.

I've seen that it just flips up from the bottem to let air in what he is saying is its a two piece w/s as in a outer and a inner.
yea I dont think they made one that vented separately but I have been wrong before and dont know all the different jeeps , I was thinking this was what he was referring to as he probably doesn't have a hinge on either side as the inner frame comes down and seals to the outer frame

I'm starting to think he has been fed a line of bull and just has two frames one that opens on the bottem like your pics and one that doesn't. I would sure like to see some pics of what he has.

That is the one I have, but there are no hinges or lollipops (adjusters) on the side. I was just looking for a closer look. I'll try to get pics up this weekend.

49T&C

Alpha6I like that windshield. That would be sweet on my 80 CJ5 . then I could run a safari type top and an open winshield. But I bet they leak air bad.

Alpha6,

Thanks for the link to SaturnSurplus. EXACTLY what I needed & a good price to boot. I just ordered 2 of them.

Thanks again,

49T&C

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom