Volt meter/ am meter anyone

gert

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Lifetime Supporter
Donator
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 cj7, 1971 Dart, 1942 Willys slat grill
Anyone run a volt meter with an am meter?

My volt sunpro gage crapped out and I suspect my voltage regulator is acting funny on my alternator..... that got me to looking at volt/ammeters online and I found one that does both...... it’s digital and best part is it’s cheap lol

Do any of you guys run one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FN3VXH4/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Sent from my kitchen watching my 3 year old eat his dinner at bed time instead of dinner time using Tapatalk

Well I bought the volt/amp meter and it’s pretty cool easy install.... I threw it on in a hurry to see if it would work and it does so time to tidy up the wiring mess

763809aed2c430a3404e7d8af9c2838e.jpg3c363f027a6c975d0a4f6f679a2daf8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol speaking of liking that gage, you can clearly see the super accurate Sunpro gage above it the reason I bought the new one

LOL @ the sunpro gauge stuck at 10 volts!!

Was there a reason you were looking at amp meters gert? Other than the novelty factory, which is the reason I have a working vacuum gauge in my dash, we're you concerned that you were overdrawing your alternator?

LOL @ the sunpro gauge stuck at 10 volts!!

Was there a reason you were looking at amp meters gert? Other than the novelty factory, which is the reason I have a working vacuum gauge in my dash, we're you concerned that you were overdrawing your alternator?

Yes, sure was I have the factory 79 10si 63amp alternator that I got with my motor 15 some odd years ago, recently I got stranded in another town with a dead battery and the parts store guy said that my alternator failed the voltage regulation test. I tried getting another alternator while I was in that town but neither of the parts stores had one in stock, that’s when I noticed the rusty terminals on the alternator cleaned them re installed it drove home and has seemed to work great since, I have several lights I plan to add to my Jeep as well as the winch so I would like to keep good tabs on the performance of my alternator before I spend $100 on a new 90 amp 12si alternator for the sake of having one, I have plenty of other things that leak or don’t work that I need to tend to before upgrading my alternator

You know right now I have HEI ignition, carter electric fuel pump, headlights and Taurus dual radiator fans and it seems that my 63amp alt is not working very hard. I am getting consistent readings of less than 1 amp going to the battery where I have the shiny mounted. I would like to add TBI to my motor and conventional wisdom would deem the more expensive 100amp alternator as the choice to go with but I am wondering if I really need it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks