Weber questions

Weber questions

Petescj

Lifetime Supporter
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 258 / T-18 / Dana 300 31 in All Terrains.
1978 CJ-7 304 / TH 400 / Quadratrac 32 in Mud Terrains
Ok so I got the Weber in and throttle response is definately improved. The problem is when I dump on it and the 2nd barrel kicks in I get a flat spot and thats it. It doesnt pick back up till I ease off the throttle. I looked at it in the driveway and the butterfly opens and fuel sprays in. It only does it under load. All the linkage seems to be working correctly.

Also I have my vacumm advance hooked into the side of the carb in the first pic. Is that correct? The second pic is vacumm directly from the manifold. What if anything should go there? Lastly I have the pcv valve hooked directly to the canister but nowhere else. There is another port aside of the one I used for the advance that has a screw in it. Should I unscrew it and use that port? Sorry for the long post.

I was under the impression that the Vac advance should come from below the carb {Dont know why but thats what I was told}

Also I think you need a fuel pressure regulator with the Weber.

What do you mean the 2nd barrel opens up?They should open at the same time if its a 2barrel

What do you mean the 2nd barrel opens up?They should open at the same time if its a 2barrel

My1stnicejeep, the Weber is a progressive 2 barrel, works a lot like a 4 barrel, only with 2.

Pete, I am not a Weber guru by any stretch, but I'll try. That looks like the correct place for the distributor advance. You do have the other end of that line connected to the distributor, right?

The second picture, that is the nut I was telling you about in the other thread, that is the nut that supplies the vaccuum for the power brakes. The smaller nipple that you have capped off, that is where I drew a vaccuum for the PCV valve.

Your weber kit should have come with a brass nipple that threads into the bottom adapter plate for your pcv- I just did one on a 70' fj-40 and they should be about the same.

Yes it did. I had thought that was for the power brakes. Since I dont have them I used the plug that came with the adapter plate. What would be causing that dead spot is my major concern right now. Any ideas?
Your weber kit should have come with a brass nipple that threads into the bottom adapter plate for your pcv- I just did one on a 70' fj-40 and they should be about the same.

Last edited:
If it was a Motorcraft carb, I would tell you that it sounds like a bad power valve. But it's not, it's a Weber carb...

Im looking over some info on it from carbsdirect.com. Im checking out the set up and tuning tech they have there. Since it was used whos to say it was ever set up correctly in the first place. It also mentions timing and vacumm hook ups so I need to get these correct first. I'll read for a bit and let yous know what I come up with.

That doesnt mean quiet up. Keep your ideas flowing people. :D

Another idea I had was to just go steal CW's. He wouldnt notice till Spring anyway. :laugh:

:laugh: Yeah, he'll never notice. Just make sure to listen for the back door, I'm pretty sure he shots first and asks questions later :D

Is it a new weber or a used one with a possible inherent problem?

Its used and your probably correct. I just have to figure out what it is thats causing the problem. Im probably gonna just buy a rebuild kit and do it like I shouldve in the first place. :eek:
Is it a new weber or a used one with a possible inherent problem?

Its used and your probably correct. I just have to figure out what it is thats causing the problem. Im probably gonna just buy a rebuild kit and do it like I shouldve in the first place. :eek:

:rolleyes:

Glad you said it...

I know and I'll make sure to amit it in my build thread. The only reason I didnt do it was so others could learn from my mistake. :D By the way Im paging you to my pulse air tubes thread.
:rolleyes:

Glad you said it...

Anyone know a good place for "complete" Weber rebuild kits? Not just gaskets and such. Feel free to school me on parts contained in the kits while your at it. :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom