Allen9878

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 Jeep Cj5 Renegade
I258 1987 Engine
Aisin Warner Ax15 Transmission
Dana 300 Transfer Case
I am currently in the process of ripping down my 1980 CJ5 Renegade with the 258 straight six that I just purchased. I have been trying to determine what kind of transmission is in it. After looking at a few websites I think it might be a T5, (http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f2/transmission-tra nsfer-case-variants-types-cjs-53-86-a-134/) but i'm looking for some verification? It has these numbers on the Transmission; 12-52-065-904, 13-51-066-902 and These numbers on an ID tag on the transfer case; 022814, 309003-2, 5361332, and directly on the transfer case; C300-15-2.

Here are a couple pictures and I have more in the forums:

I am new to the Jeep world as of a month ago, so any information whatsoever about the tranny or transfer case you have would be very helpful, what model, problems with the model, etc.

Appreciate the help!
-Bert

If its a 5 speed then it is a Borg Warner T5, if it is a 4 speed then it is a Borg Warner T4, The transfer case is a Dana 300. You have the best transfer case that Jeep used and a decent tranny for an I6 :chug: I had the same combo in my 83 CJ7

It is a 4 speed so I guess that answers my question, thanks.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks