What tranny?

those the AMC version of the 400 fit that engine? otehr than that I would go with a turbo 350 4x4 model

The Dana 20 transfer cases have a different bolt pattern than the Dana 300 so in short that would be no. You might have to sourse out an adapter.

Negative. You will need a novak 124 adapter

If you posted what your intention are with the rig as far as usage goes that may help everyone find you a decent combo. For instance if you are going to be DDing and weekend wheeling then you may want to consider an AW4 with the OD or if you are just making a dedicated rock crawler then go with something alot more stout as the OD in the AW4 would be pointless.

o sorry no dding here just sand at silver lake and driving around town when im lookin for trouble :eek: i will just beat the hell out of it like i do now but i dont like the three speed any more

I have a TF727 in my GrandWagoneer with under 5k on a rebuild that I eventually plan on swapping out for a 5 speed NV3550. I just want a manual but the TF is a really good tranny from what i can tell and has a decent rep in the offroading community. May be worth lookin into one.

Either the GM Turbo 400 or the TF727 would be bomb proof trannies when built...if you get the TF dont forget the kickdown linkage (it wont last long with out it) :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom