Where to buy body tub

Where to buy body tub

wondernad

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ7 304, 98 XJ 4.0l, 90 YJ 2.5, and 93 240sx sr20det
Thinking about swapping my CJ tub for a YJ tub. Looking around and see that I can find them starting around $1000 for the tub. Anyone know of another place that may sell them cheaper?

That's about the going price for a good tub. At least around here.

searchtempest.com

Theres a guy in Morven with a fiberglass CJ/Yj tub for 600.

I've got a good one for sale for $700

Theres a guy in Morven with a fiberglass CJ/Yj tub for 600.

Not a fan of fiber glass. Trying to stick with steel or aluminum if I can get it cheap. Thanks for the info though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Keep your eye open on Craigslsit and Search tempest. I like searchtempest.com because it will search all craigslist ads in your area. Im not sure how far your willing to drive but there is a guy here in FL with a CJ7 frame, tub, fenders, springs (llok Like Lift) steering colum and other various body parts for $750.. If the tub it in good enough shape you could pick it up and sell off the unused parts to make close to half your money back. I think it was in palatka.

I found a complete YJ for CHEAP!! Think I am gonna pick it up and dismember it. Should come out close to even if not ahead when all is said and done. But thanks for the heads up. Definitely not wanting to go that far out though. Search temptest is good too.

I found a complete YJ for CHEAP!! Think I am gonna pick it up and dismember it. Should come out close to even if not ahead when all is said and done. But thanks for the heads up. Definitely not wanting to go that far out though. Search temptest is good too.

Thats a good deal.. I spent a summer parting out CJ's. I was finding them for about 1200 each and getting 2500-3000 out of each, plus I was able to squirrel away all the good parts for my self.

What all off the YJ can I keep to use for the swap? Tub, seats, and roll bar? Anything else that I may be able to use?

What year is it? is it all stock? Are you running a lift on your CJ

you can use the tub, roll bar gas tank unless you plan on cutting the drivers side on the YJ tub. The springs on the front are 2.5" wide and make you a great up grade to stock CJ springs if your still stock. I think alot of people use YJ boosters up grade the CJ system. The wind shield frame and hinges will swap over also. The whole gas inlet and cover will also swap. Seats will swap. I think thats about it.

Not sure the year but it looks all stock. My Jeep seams to have a lift but it looks Hodge podged together. I.E the drivers side springs both have one more leaf than the passenger side?!?! Also had some other concerns I'll be taking care of while i'm in there.

Does it have the family style roll bar? If the front windsheild frame is good and it has the bar with the windsheild spreaders I would swap the windsheild frame with it.

Should done this earlier. Here it is.

That's a nice looking Wrangler. It looks like it has a lift in it.

Saw it in person for the first time today. No rust, aftermarket seats overall really good shape. Does have what looks like a 3 inch body lift. Pretty happy with the condition. Just need to get it nkme. Shoukd be home tues or wed.

What year is it? is it all stock? Are you running a lift on your CJ

you can use the tub, roll bar gas tank unless you plan on cutting the drivers side on the YJ tub. The springs on the front are 2.5" wide and make you a great up grade to stock CJ springs if your still stock. I think alot of people use YJ boosters up grade the CJ system. The wind shield frame and hinges will swap over also. The whole gas inlet and cover will also swap. Seats will swap. I think thats about it.

I noticed you said front springs make a good upgrade. Will the rears work too?

I noticed you said front springs make a good upgrade. Will the rears work too?

Yes they are just as wide as the CJ springs should bolt right in.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom