Windshield CJ

Windshield CJ

tycoon90

Jeeper
Thanks
My mechanic told me that the windshield frame on my '75 is different than the one that is on '76 and up, but what about the windshield itself?
Is there any glass difference between these two generations, or will they swap out?

Welcome to the site! :chug:

The frame and the glass are different sizes. The early years have a squared off side with a rounded top and the later years has a slight side angle with a squared off top.

72 -- >>

80 -->>

If all you need is glass it cheap and easy for a glass shop to cut up a flat piece for you to fit. :)

Don't need glass, just wanting to make sure I order the right top.

So that answers the windshield frame question, what about the body tub itself? Or is the top difference mainly due to the changes to the windshield frame?

The post was to show the frame differences...

Just the windshield frame is different, any tub differences are cosmetic (Jeep stamping font, ect)

BTW, you can put any frame on any CJ, many late model CJers run an early frame because they like the look... :)

BTW, you can put any frame on any CJ, many late model CJers run an early frame because they like the look... :)

Wait a minute. A 76+ won't just bolt on to a 72-75 frame. It can be done, but the mounts are different.

A old CJ5 has straight frame rails. 76+ is wider in the rear than the front.

71- older fenders are shorter, like 3" behind the rear wheel.

The 76+ windshield frame sits more angled to the rear than 75-.

Wiper motor on the drivers outside is 72-75. Inside drivers side wiper motor is a 76+.

I think we are talking about the windshield frame not the "frame" frame.:D

Wait a minute. A 76+ won't just bolt on to a 72-75 frame. It can be done, but the mounts are different.

A old CJ5 has straight frame rails. 76+ is wider in the rear than the front.

71- older fenders are shorter, like 3" behind the rear wheel.

Wiper motor on the drivers outside is 72-75. Inside drivers side wiper motor is a 76+.

Sounds like you're not sure what you really have.

Cj are you sure of this? I am at the point where I either buy a 74 or 75 and have a beautiful 77 frame can the 77 frame fit the 74-75?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom