Wont Idle

Wont Idle

PHIRE MANNN

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7
Was in the mud yesterday and went through a deeper hole a little fast and threw water all over the engine now it wont idle and on the dash the main gauge the light for 4WD went out and the temp and fuel gauge stopped working. No fuses out. Thinkin the idle is just a carb adjustment. Thought?

Do you have Quadra Trac? If so I would say you knocked off a vacuum line.

Transfer case type would help.

OK - The Dana 300 isn't Quadra Trac...

I was wondering if you knocked off a vacuum line as the 4wd light on a Q Trac is controlled by vacuum.

So with that being said, the first thing I would check is for water in any of your electrical connections. I really don't believe that water in / on the carb is your problem.
I would still look closely at all vacuum connections... :)

well I wasn't thinking I got water in the carb I was thinkin the wave of water might have messed with the gas control on the throttle at the carb not really using technical terms but I think you will get what I'm saying cuz I mean it was like a 10ft wave of water

6 cyl? maybe water in the dist cap and/or any of your electrical system, WD40 is your best friend.

6 cyl? maybe water in the dist cap and/or any of your electrical system, WD40 is your best friend.

Thats kinda what I'm thinking too.
Also if you did suck water in the carb there could be other problems.:eek:

yeah I don't think I got water the the carb. took the cover off and there was no water in there or anything gonna check the dist cap but I've never heard of that being a problem for the idling just realized the power steering is leaking somewhere too...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks