Wyomings finest?

Wyomings finest?

Jet

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 cj7, 258, stock.
I got a ticket for window tint this morning.
03 Subaru Impreza. Yea i had em tinted 3 years ago.
As i'm sitting, waiting i see that over half the outfits going by are as dark as mine. Many have various lites out.
On the comute there are hundreds of outfits all in a train, no use trying to speed, or pass.
The cop passes about 20 others at 80 mph to pull behind me.
200 bucks to remove tint, 50 buck ticket, or go to court.
Why me? What to do?
Thanks for allowing me the rant.

Maybe you look like the guy his wife ran off with and he wanted to make sure you weren't bringing her back.:D

well having tinted windows that are over the limit is illegal, so if you get a ticket for it, you are at fault. And if you do not want a ticket for it again take it off. But do not complain if a cop does his job and pulls you over. I can agree some laws are enforced to be able to check out a vehicle for other stuff, and this is one that allows them to check you for stuff like.....drugs....
And you are allowing them to do it by having the tint.
You could pay and find out if they do it again, or fight it in court.
But if you do not want to not get pulled over again, remove it.

Yea, i understand.
I'm no hater.
I have no problem with law enforcement.
I respect their position,& the job that they are paid to do.

When i had the tint done i asked the fellow to take it as dark as allowed by law. Maybe the law has changed?

It's not like the windows are blacked out.
I don't have a gauge like the cop did, but i'd guess that some factory tint is as dark as mine.
My drivers, passenger fronts passed, but the rears failed.

We'll see what comes about,& i'll conform.
It just bugs me that i haven't had a ticket in 25 years.
And now i'm on the radar for this.

I should'a been driving my CJ.

So you let the guy selling you the tint interpet the law and he was wrong. Now you are upset you got pulled over by an officer? So now you want to fight the law because you failed?
I do ot understand were failed means coorrect.

Bottom line, if you do not want to be treated like a criminal, quit appearing like one. If your windows attract tickets, then that is a problem. Winning this fight means next month you will have to fight it again. There is a simple solution, remove the tint. Quit looking like a banger. It gets you harrased and cost money.
Yea, i understand.
I'm no hater.

When i had the tint done i asked the fellow to take it as dark as allowed by law. Maybe the law has changed?

I don't have a gauge like the cop did, but i'd guess that some factory tint is as dark as mine.

Check the laws reguarding tint if yours is 3yrs old and you can prove it, then you may get away with a simple fix it and the fines tossed out. 3yrs ago it may have been legal look into it is my advise. Also ask if it was legal then is it made illegal due to a recent change.

Yea not to many things the police hate more than to approach a vehicle that has windows to dark to see in. and as stated check into what laws if any have changed since you have had them tinted, Brock has you on the right track....

Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Baja is right, i don't want to be a target due to something this minor.
My plan is to go to court,& see what happens. It wont cost me any more than the fine if i lose. If that happens, i'll conform.
I never intended to fail.

After reading on the net about tint laws, i'm a little confused.
If we can consider my Impreza a mpv then i may be ok.
A note about having exterior rear view mirrors may exempt me.
Not real clear about being grandfathered in.
Everythings a maybe.

Please forgive the title,
i did'nt intend to seem disrespectful to Wyomings finest.
They do keep our roads safer.

Pardon the banging.

I just wanted to point out they will keep harassing you for a item you can change. We see it all the time here in SoCal. It is like wearing a shirt that reads 420 and wondering why the cops keep looking you over.

Citizen Jet wins, at least for now.

The judge wasn't familar with tint laws, he read the paragraph pertaining to MPV exemption a couple of times,& said he understood why i was challenging the citation. Vague.

Citation was dismissed.

However, i may get another ticket,& we'll do it all over again.

The weather is improving,& i plan on driving my CJ as much as i can.

Anyway, i saved 50 bucks today,& i'm thirsty.

Thanks Brock,
Geez, i hope i'm not that guy.
I had to google the lyrics even though i've heard the song hundreds of times, saw The Priest in the early 80s.
That guys messed up.
My girlfriend calls me Desperado now.
I saw the officer on the way home yesterday, luckily he had another outlaw pulled over. I guess it's cat,& mouse now. I expect he'll win, but i expect we'll smile next time. I kinda look forward to it.

Baja, do you have a 420 t-shirt for me? lol, I'm a marked man, na, beer while not driving is my choice.

Yea, i understand.
I'm no hater.

It was frustration. We all know we break minor rules here and there, and yet there is always some butthead out there driving drunk doing 120 in the wrong lane and doesnt get a ticket. Instead they get the guy with a minor screw up... right?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom