YJ front clip on a CJ

YJ front clip on a CJ

ken98k

Senior Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
{1980 cj-5, 258, t-176, d300 amc20 rear, D30}{1974 cj-5, 304, T-15, D20, D30 front, D44 rear}{1973 cj-5, 304, t-98,D20, amc20, D30}
{1990 yj 2.5L i-4 AX-5 NP231 Dana 30 front Dana 35c rear}
1996 XJ Cherokee 4.0 HO
{2000 silverado}
{1979 Cadillac Sedan DeVille}
I know quite a few people have put cj front clips on yj's but has anyone here put a yj clip on a CJ5 ?

I know quite a few people have put cj front clips on yj's but has anyone here put a yj clip on a CJ5 ?

smiley-signs089.png

In all seriousness though. I've seen the write-ups of converting a YJ to a CJ front end, all they do is change the grill and the hood. So that means that the fenders are the same, along with the core support and the inner fenders. I guess it could be done, but why???

Get a rope!

I think he forgot to take his meds.

I'm at a loss as to why you would be interested in the swap too, but to each his own. I will say that most of the folks that I know with CJs and Tjs dislike the YJ's square (I know, there are not really square) headlights. Still, if you really want your Jeep to be different, then I say go for it.

Oh yeah, and to answer you question, I have no idea if it will fit or not.

Yleefox

I was just wondering if anyone had done it.
The only reason I would do it would be to tick people off!:)

:yj:

I was just wondering if anyone had done it.
The only reason I would do it would be to tick people off!:)

:yj:

Rodger, that:
"Mission Accomplished"
, over.;)

I've put a YJ front end on a '79 CJ5 . grille, hood and fenders must be used if you are, unless you plan on modifying them seperately. This also moves the grille mount a few inches forward.

I realize this is an old thread, but I was messing around the other day and snapped this pic. This thread made me think of it.

976105_10152836986485131_1885114214_o.jpg

Yup , just as I expected. Makes me wanna beat someone. :pissed:
Of all the old threads to dig up... :D
I realize this is an old thread, but I was messing around the other day and snapped this pic. This thread made me think of it.

976105_10152836986485131_1885114214_o.jpg

I found the thread while searching for info on putting a CJ front clip on a YJ.

I have no idea why any one would do such a thing. But if they wanted to you need to use the hood fenders and grill from the YJ and relocate the mounting location for the grill. You also need to use the support rods for the grill from the yj.

Then the last step to complete this is punch your self in the face for doing such an awfull thing.

Yup this thread makes me want to beat someone too BUT every time I look at your avitar I loose track of what I was thinking PETE!:D

Sometimes I get entranced just staring at her...eyes. :rolleyes:
Yup this thread makes me want to beat someone too BUT every time I look at your avitar I loose track of what I was thinking PETE!:D

have been contemplating this swap my self
the parts are so much cheaper to buy (new aftermarket)
and i like the square headlights guess im just a child of the late 80s
:beer:

Well,its your jeep. Personally being born in the eighties, I couldn't bare to replace my 86 CJ7 with squares. To each is their own. Hard to call a spade a spade when the top half has clubs stamped on it? Anywho, goodluck in whichever you choose. Craigslist is always a click away for cheaper cj parts, around Ga anyways.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

craigslist is an excellent resource but here in south tx everything is either priced like gold or beat to hell beyond the point of repair so kinda stuck with new

there was a 70's CJ5 with a YJ front end conversion on NH craigslist for MONTHS. I think the time it was on there not selling should have shown the person responsible that they made a poor decision.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom