1964 CJ 5 with a Perkins engine

1964 CJ 5 with a Perkins engine

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1957 FC150 Narrow Track
I can't believe it a guy is selling a 1964 CJ5 with the Perkins Diesel desiel engine, says it runs and drives great.$5,500 is the asking price I just might have to go and check this one out.

That would be a cool find, hope it's in descent condition.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It looks really good in the pictures,it's in primer and he saying everything is almost done. With it being so close I just have to take the drive and check it out. I understand they did not make a whole lot of the CJ's with the Perkins Diesel desiel engine.

Make sure you get some underhood pics.

i will get a bunch of pictures. I have read a few articles about these and het are pretty cool!!!:chug:

they are pretty cool!!!:chug:
Yes, great engines
Perkins Diesel Diesel

From 1961 to 1965 the Perkins Diesel Diesel was used in some of the CJ5 and CJ6 Jeeps. This four cylinder was a British made engine. It is a very rare engine for the CJ. Less than 300 Jeeps had this engine installed.

Displacement - 192 Cubic Inches
Bore - 3.5 inches
Stroke - 5 inches
Compression - 16.5:1
Horsepower - 58
Torque - 143

perkins_diesel.jpg

This diesel belongs to, and was rebuilt by, Compostwerks of EarlyCJ5.com

perkins_ad.jpg

Information for this post was obtained from http://www.jeeptech.com

Where about is Hawk Point?

I just found out that this jeep also comes with a factory steel hardtop with doors. We are trying to go out today and check it out, this will be a first an old jeep that you can test drive!!!!!

Well we could not meet this weekend to check out this jeep. Does anyone know what the letter should be in the VIN number that shows this was. Factory installed Perkins Diesel engine? Hopefully we can meet after Christmas.

Well we could not meet this weekend to check out this jeep. Does anyone know what the letter should be in the VIN number that shows this was. Factory installed Perkins Diesel engine? Hopefully we can meet after Christmas.
8310 = universal Jeep, open body (diesel)

Its after Christmas. :D

I am trying to go see it this week-end.:D I will keep everyone posted.

You had to know when you posted this that we'd be like: :drool:

The weekend starts at 12:00:01 Saturday by the way. :D

It's such a rare jeep I only hope we can made a deal and I bring this special Jeep home with me the weekend, @ 12:02 :D:D It would look good parked next to the 1960 CJ.

Im rooting for you. After looking at your other build I dont think youd be cutting it up to fit 44 in. Ground Hawgs. :chug:
I think your the right guy for just such a Cj. :cool:
It's such a rare jeep I only hope we can made a deal and I bring this special Jeep home with me the weekend, @ 12:02 :D:D It would look good parked next to the 1960 CJ.

If we can make a deal I would have to restore it to factory condition no 44 mudders. :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom