1966 CJ5 Coming along

1966 CJ5 Coming along

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1957 FC150 Narrow Track
Hello all, i wanted to post a new picture of my new 1966 CJ5 wheels sandblasted and re-painted all brakes flushed and serviced Transmission and diff oild all changed running good.:cool:

That Jeep looks tough like a bulldog. sweet.

Nice looking rig. I have a 67 that I'm getting ready to rebuild. One thing I noticed, the front fenders have a indent stamped for side marker lights. Those aren't the original fenders are they? Jeep didn't use side makers until 68 like most other car makers. But still a GREAT LOOKING RIG

I believe they are the factory stock correct front fenders. i have seen other 66 with the same fenders no light but they are molded. ???

Nice looking rig. I have a 67 that I'm getting ready to rebuild. One thing I noticed, the front fenders have a indent stamped for side marker lights. Those aren't the original fenders are they? Jeep didn't use side makers until 68 like most other car makers. But still a GREAT LOOKING RIG
It looks like you are correct I just looked at a 1966 CJ5 down the street that is for sale and the front fenders do not have the indent for side lights. The good news is my fenders are solid so they are keepers. :D

Hope I didn't pop your bubble with that remark about the fenders. Just that once you buy something you see it everywhere that you didn't notice before. The 67 I have is all in one piece,us being the second owners it has been kept all original. I'll post some pics of it when I figure out how to work the site. We can't wait to get it running so we can show it off. Are you going to keep it the color it is now or paint later. After I go thur the drivetrain I want to paintit yellow but the Boss has other idea's and we all know who get the last word.

Hope I didn't pop your bubble with that remark about the fenders. Just that once you buy something you see it everywhere that you didn't notice before. The 67 I have is all in one piece,us being the second owners it has been kept all original. I'll post some pics of it when I figure out how to work the site. We can't wait to get it running so we can show it off. Are you going to keep it the color it is now or paint later. After I go thur the drivetrain I want to paintit yellow but the Boss has other idea's and we all know who get the last word.
No problem at all, right now it is in primer so it will stay that color for a little while but I'm thinking a nice orange? I want to put some cash away and maybe next year get me a new metal body tub for it. Please post or send some pictures of your 67. Thanks Joe :)

That Jeep is sweet, it has a good stocky look that I want to go for with my build. Are your tires 35"?

Love it. Looks great, the work pays off.

Thanks, and yes it is sitting on 35's hoping to have it completed soon then it will be ready for a test drive.

Thanks for the comment. I picked up another 66 two weeks ago this one is all stock with the factory V-6 has not ran since 1985 got it running last week and sandblasted the body gave it a fresh red primmer today.:)

Your Jeep looks great! Maybe a stupid question, but what color is your primer on this one. I seen you other thread and it looks like that one is red primer, but this one looks really good but doesn't look red. Mine will be in primer for a while, so I'm looking for something that looks good like desert tan (can't find) or whatever this color is..

Hey, it is Rustoleum red primer nothing special. it will be in primmer for awhile also. :cool:

Hey, it is Rustoleum red primer nothing special. it will be in primmer for awhile also. :cool:

Ok then, awesome! That's what I had already purchased, so I guess I'm going to like it just fine.. :)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom