1977 CJ7 wiper arms

How do I pull the arms off to adjust them. The blades do not rest on the windshield...sit way too low. Thanks!
They should just pull of (straight out from the splined shaft). If both are low it might be easier to pull the motor and rotate the arm on the motor shaft.

Hmmmn. Do not think they simply pull off. I have a washer against the window frame, the stem. a nut and the wiper arm. There must be something holding that arm on and a way to remove it and rotate the arm on the stem without getting to the motor....I'll look further.

I think there is a "retainer" you can see if you look under the arm that catches the stud. I would have to look at mine to be sure. I think if you can move that outward the arm will slide off. If I am wrong I apologize but I would suggest you not force it.
It takes a little finesse because you have to take the pressure off the blade so it will come straight off.

Under my wiper arms, and I do think they are originals...is a spring holding everything together. Very tight, strong spring. Wish these had the modern wipers which can be popped off in minutes.

CJ was right and I was wrong. it was the J-10 that had the retainer.
I just lift up on the blade to take the pressure off it and pull on the base , straight out. just used my fingers no problem, :chug:

I have an 84 CJ7 and am curious if anyone knows if there is a good replacement arm (maybe from another Jeep or similar) that will work? Someone has to of replaced their stock wiper arms with something more stout.

I did replace my windshield frame but I am not sure exactly what year it came from just to complicate matters more.:confused:

I really appreciate it!

this may be what you are looking for. longer swipe and stronger arms. a bit pricy for what they are but it looks like a good idea.
http://riptech.net/cgi-bin/ps.cgi?ACTION=THISPAGE&THISPAGE=psdbi/WB-EMBSC.html&ORDER_ID=1817807917

I have an 84 CJ7 and am curious if anyone knows if there is a good replacement arm (maybe from another Jeep or similar) that will work? Someone has to of replaced their stock wiper arms with something more stout.

I did replace my windshield frame but I am not sure exactly what year it came from just to complicate matters more.:confused:

I really appreciate it!

These work great on old worn out arms. I've used them for years.
But don't use them on new arms. The friction is to high.

let us know how they work for you.
I have always thought that the wipers were one of the few things that Jeep really screwed the pooch on, they are terrible at very best.:cool:

Some of the arm do have a clip on them. Not sure if this was OEM or an aftermarket but you have to watch out for a clip.

WiperArmClip.jpg

A lot of the times the clip just rots away anyway.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom