1982 CJ7 With GM 151

1982 CJ7 With GM 151

arkansas82cj7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7 GM 151 Dana 300
I'm new to the forum and to the CJ world, and I have a few questions. They may be dumb questions, but like I said I'm new to it. I'm having trouble finding out for sure what Transmission my cj has and what front rear end and what the rear end are. It's an 82 with the GM 151 and it has a Dana 300 Transfer Case . All I could find on the Transmission so far is the Borg-warn emblem. Would it be a T-4 ? Also, I got the numbers 5363735 and 3544613 off of the front rear end. Any ideas as to what it is and what the rear end is? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

That's pretty good info to have there. Thanks a lot. As far as I know, it's the drivetrain is original. It's got several leaks so it's really greasy, but I'm going to hit it heavy with the degreaser tomorrow and I will post some pics. Hopefully I will be able to get some more info on the Transmission when I clean it up. The jeep will go from 2 wheel to 4 low but won't go from 2 to 4 high. Although you can get into 4 low, it's hard to get it to go. My uncle is a classic bronco guy, owns and has restored several. He thinks it's prob. the linkage. Any ideas?

Arkansas,

I have the 1980 clone to yours. Mine has the Transfer Case and axles like yours. Mine has a Borg Warner/Ford four speed (SR4 ).

I think I'm going to part mine out-bad engine. The body is 100% rust free.

Arkansas,

I have the 1980 clone to yours. Mine has the Transfer Case and axles like yours. Mine has a Borg Warner/Ford four speed (SR4 ).

I think I'm going to part mine out-bad engine. The body is 100% rust free.
If all that's wrong with it is a bad motor it would be a shame to part it out. A motor is easy to fix you part them out when they are wrecked or are rusted to bad to fix. IMO

I don't want to hijack the thread but there is one part I can't find. All "iron dukers" may have this issue-eventually.

Lower thermostat housing.:confused::(

I havent posted any pictures, just havent had time. I've been trying to take a look at everything to see what all is wrong. So far, I need all new bearings and u joints in the front end, a new front drive shaft, rear end pinion seal, and at the very least the shift linkage for the Dana 300 . I think im just going to look for a complete Transfer Case that is used. Oh, and im going to haft to rebuild the iron duke. So far thats it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom