2 piece axle

2 piece axle

mikemrq

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7, 360 AUTO
Have a 84 CJ7 , 360 auto. Had 33" tires, just installed 35's. Do I need to install the one piece axle at this time? I don't do any off-road.

IMO yes, mine broke on the road with 33's and I wasn't even doing anything stupid.

Pavement can be hard on two piece with 35s.

Breakage waiting to happen . . . :)

I spun the hub / axle combo twice, both times on pavement with 32" tires. It's not a matter of "if" it will happen, but rather a matter of "when" it will happen. With a 360 and 35's..... it will be sooner than later.

Yes and no, Yes thats the one piece axles but IMO spend the few extra bucks and go Moser or Surperior they are alot better quality.
:agree: stay away from Crown it's cheap China :dung:. If you are going to do it spend the $ and do it right the first time so you don't have to do it again.

yes that would be a good choice

and enter JEEPCJ at check out and get a 10% discount

I would wait a little bit and get the recommended ones here. If this isn't your daily driver, I think it might be worth the extra $75 for the better part.
(Disclaimer: I haven't gotten these parts for my vehicle, but I'm told its just a matter of time. Especially considering I drive stuff like I just stole it!)

This won't be too expensive Dear! That's what I keep saying. Over and over again.

The Ten Factory axles might be a good deal for you. I have no personal experance with them but
there is a member in my 4x4 club that has been running them for a few years now with no problems.
His cj is more a trail/rock crawler though and doesn't see much street use.

Don't forget the master install kit. Something most axle manufacturers don't tell you and you don't find out until you get ready to install them. You should get the master install kits too which can be around another 200 bucks. The tenfactory one looks like 80 bucks...

Don't forget the master install kit. Something most axle manufacturers don't tell you and you don't find out until you get ready to install them. You should get the master install kits too which can be around another 200 bucks. The tenfactory one looks like 80 bucks...
I don't see the need in changing the carrier and pinion bearings if the old ones are still good. Just my 2 cents.

I retract my original statement about the Ten Factory parts.

After looking at them a little closer, they offer a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty on some and 10 year 10,000 mile warranty on everything they make. Labor aside for re-installation, they at leaset stand by their products according to promises made!!!

Here is a link to the catalog.

http://www.midwesttruck.com/catalogs/LD_TENFACTORY_002R.pdf

The only thing that bothers me is is that their website hasn't been updated since 2011; either they are too busy making parts to get this done or the lights are on and no one is home...:eek:

I don't see the need in changing the carrier and pinion bearings if the old ones are still good. Just my 2 cents.

I agree, but what if they aren't ok? Now you have to wait. You can purchase it and return it if you don't use it. However, there are seals in the master install kits that you should replace. I'm just going to be safe...

Always be careful when choosing a company to go with. Many of the companies that offer a 10 year warranty are out of business in 2.

Small aftermarket companies go out of business every day. I would go with Superior, Moser, or someone who has proven their longevity in the field.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom