258 Dual Exhaust Cost

258 Dual Exhaust Cost

RTRCJ7

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ7 Loredo ,restored, straight 6 , 4 speed
I want to eventually put duals on the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l with the dual outlet Headman headers. If I install the headers , how much should I pay to have the duals installed? A local gave me a price of $425 flowmaster or $325 with another brand . Does that sound high or about right?

I do not know the market there, so I cannot say, best way to get a acceptable bid is to go to 3 or 4 places and take a middle bid. Low ball bids mean they are cutting corners.

sounds about right to me, I paid $300 for duel 2 1/2" on mine (from the headers to bumper)and I had the mufflers.

Thanks for the help Baja and Old Dog . Its one of thoses mods that is down the road a bit but still on the list to do. I have a couple of other places to check but this guy is the best around according to my mechanic.

Can I ask why?
If it's for performance you could get more bang for your buck with a 4.0 head and stock 4.0 header plus if you ever do decide down the road to do the 4.0 head your AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l header would be worthless as it won't work.
Not trying to tell you how to go about your business but I know how these CJ's are addictive to the mod and it's hard to stop with just a duel exhaust.;)

Can I ask why?
If it's for performance you could get more bang for your buck with a 4.0 head and stock 4.0 header plus if you ever do decide down the road to do the 4.0 head your AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l header would be worthless as it won't work.
Not trying to tell you how to go about your business but I know how these CJ's are addictive to the mod and it's hard to stop with just a duel exhaust.;)

Thanks Sasquatch :chug: , the main reason is for sound , I heard a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l with the headers and duals and it sounded great , just like a small block V8. Second I guess would be performance. I came to the Jeep world fromthe motorcycle camp and believe me , I know how hard the mod bug bites $:eek:$.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom