258 Dual Exhaust Cost

258 Dual Exhaust Cost

RTRCJ7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ7 Loredo ,restored, straight 6 , 4 speed
I want to eventually put duals on the 258 with the dual outlet Headman headers. If I install the headers , how much should I pay to have the duals installed? A local gave me a price of $425 flowmaster or $325 with another brand . Does that sound high or about right?

I do not know the market there, so I cannot say, best way to get a acceptable bid is to go to 3 or 4 places and take a middle bid. Low ball bids mean they are cutting corners.

sounds about right to me, I paid $300 for duel 2 1/2" on mine (from the headers to bumper)and I had the mufflers.

Thanks for the help Baja and Old Dog . Its one of thoses mods that is down the road a bit but still on the list to do. I have a couple of other places to check but this guy is the best around according to my mechanic.

Can I ask why?
If it's for performance you could get more bang for your buck with a 4.0 head and stock 4.0 header plus if you ever do decide down the road to do the 4.0 head your 4.2 header would be worthless as it won't work.
Not trying to tell you how to go about your business but I know how these CJ's are addictive to the mod and it's hard to stop with just a duel exhaust.;)

Can I ask why?
If it's for performance you could get more bang for your buck with a 4.0 head and stock 4.0 header plus if you ever do decide down the road to do the 4.0 head your 4.2 header would be worthless as it won't work.
Not trying to tell you how to go about your business but I know how these CJ's are addictive to the mod and it's hard to stop with just a duel exhaust.;)

Thanks Sasquatch :chug: , the main reason is for sound , I heard a 258 with the headers and duals and it sounded great , just like a small block V8. Second I guess would be performance. I came to the Jeep world fromthe motorcycle camp and believe me , I know how hard the mod bug bites $:eek:$.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$110.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks