360 crate motor price what do you think

360 crate motor price what do you think

Jroch

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 1985 CJ, 2006 E250
Thinking about ordering this tomorrow whats your thoughts on the price etc: Jeep/AMC 360 CJ-7 or do you know of a better place to get one?

This should be a fairly straight forward swap out for me no adaptors needed the 343 shares all the same out side bolt demensions I sould be able to rob a lot of the exsisting parts on my motor also starter alt etc:

Sounds a little steap, but I guess by the time you got one from the JY and had it rebuilt you would spend as much. maybe. Do you have any experance with this co.?
A new chevy crate motor is cheaper.

We were talking about this in chat a little last nite. Wouldnt the Chevy come out a bit more with the adapters and everything else involved? If it were my Jeep Id like to keep the Amc motor and I love me a 360. Id make sure I researched and double researched. Then Id make the old pro and con list. That would probably help you figure it out a little easier.

We were talking about this in chat a little last nite. Wouldnt the Chevy come out a bit more with the adapters and everything else involved? If it were my Jeep Id like to keep the Amc motor and I love me a 360. Id make sure I researched and double researched. Then Id make the old pro and con list. That would probably help you figure it out a little easier.

Pete I'm sure you are right about the chevy being more in the long run.

I was just saying you can get a NEW chevy cheaper than that rebuild he is looking at.
If I had a good rebuilder in town I would check the price to rebuild a 360 instead of buying one from someone I didn't know.

a local guy on long island ny will rebuild a amc 360 this matching or better specs as that website for 1750. he said for 2200 you should be getting a 400 hp motor. id definitly check some places near you. also what do you have in you truck now?

i believe there is a guy in morgantown WV i dont think that is to far from you. but i could be wrong.

Last edited:
I run a Chevy in my Jeep that I built and my friend built his amc 360. He swapped from a four banger and i swapped from a 6 banger. In the end he wished he went with the chevy motor mainly due to aftermarket support and parts prices. He had a hard time finding exactly what he want to get the performance he wanted. the motor came out great and runs very good though. if you tinker and like to work on motors in the long run it might be easier and cheeper to do the chevy route but if you are gonna throw it in and just run it then the 360 should be fine.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom