6mpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6mpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, Thats about what I get out on the trail :eek:

Rember mine is a v8 though.

That's different, you call that "Smiles Per Gallon!":grinjeep:

the one on top looks good form the picture. I hope the one on bottom looks different in person or it way to lean.

its the same plug, just in different lighting conditions

I guess the Houston we have a problem line is a bit dated, It is a quote from the Apollo 13 mission. Oh well thats what being old is all about.

the plugs don't look rich, is there any chance there is a fuel leak? once again you would smell it.
I like the catalytic converter clogged idea that is where I would start, there are too many things you have mentioned that would clog the cat.
there is also the heat riser valve and you may even pull the EGR and see if it is clogged there.

I would love it if it were a fuel leak (heaven forbid a fire) but believe it or not, the CJ leaks nothing :eek: I can drive it and park it anywhere and there will be nothing on the ground anywhere (yes it has oil in it! :p) also watching it idle, I can't see fuel coming out anywhere, but it might help if I mentioned that I replaced the fuel lines 2 weeks ago when one popped a leak.

What does the rest of the plugs look like? Hows the compression? vacume readings?
You'll have to forgive my ignorance, this CJ is new to me as it something this old, so I don't have any vacuum gauges or means to check vacuum or compression, I'll hit up the other plugs as well as the EGR tomorrow.

I am going to suggest one more thing to try, this is reaching very hard but if it's not the gallons it’s the miles. Check the odometer?? go run between mile markers or have someone follow you and confirm the speed and mileage.
I am of course assuming that you are dividing the number of miles traveled by the number of gallons used.
:)
I thought of it his too, but I suspect the odometer for giving a higher mileage than actual miles.

Since day 1, I've been suspecting the odometer was reading too many miles, if I'm not mistaking this would give an artificially inflated mileage reading, not biblically deflated. The odometer seems to climb faster than my YJ's odometer, but my YJ's is accurate, I'll do a for sure test tomorrow though and travel to one destination in both and see what each reads.

The YJ's odo reads 17mpg average, so I trust it :D

Cat first then a little help from timing my guess. Where do you buy gas so I can invest??? :)
ha if only :D The CJ only gets driven every other weekend, I think I've only put around 300miles on it since I got it, but it seems to have moved its place of residence to the local gas station already :(

I would suggest that you take it out on that other weekend, up on the high way and drive to Coco beach and back at highway speed. then check it again. every other weekend?? she will do well with a bit of exercise.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom