'75 cj5 no electrical power

'75 cj5 no electrical power

Indyjeep

Jeeper
Thanks
I have no juice at all. No lights, ignition. Replaced starter, solenoid, new battery, ignition switch, switch on top of the steering column. Re-grounded everything. Not even getting headlights. Replaced box on fender wheel, figuring this is more for charging, but what the heck. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks

My first suggestion would be to check the fusible links, they might be broken or fried. They should be connected to the starter relay going to the ignition switch and alternator.

If you don't have a volt meter get one. Start with the battery check post to post, make sure it has at least 12.00 but closer to 13 would be better. Then go cable to cable make sure connections are clean and corrosion free from post to cable.

Then move the lead from the ground post on the battery to the spot where it is grounded. Should be same reading.

Move the lead from the + to post the where the + cable connects, use the stud not the cable end, should get same reading.

From there keep moving down the system until you find your issue ( no voltage).

Could be fuses, fusable link like Torx said, bad ground, broken wire.

Battery is good, 12v's I took all the wiring apart from the loom and electrician tape that was on it. I tested the two red 12 gauge wires coming off the -side of the solenoid and got juice. I tested the main red one going into the firewall and got juice there...Never did find a fusable link. Guess I'll keep testing. thanks guys

Battery is good, 12v's I took all the wiring apart from the loom and electrician tape that was on it. I tested the two red 12 gauge wires coming off the -side of the solenoid and got juice. I tested the main red one going into the firewall and got juice there...Never did find a fusable link. Guess I'll keep testing. thanks guys

:)Check your Ground wires...........from your Battery to frame and if nothing run a jumper directly from your battery ground to your headlights or main switch.
:D:D:D:D

To start a hot line check, see if the horn works. If not, back check from the horn hot line to the battery.

If, you can find battery voltage at your fuse block, then you either have a bad connection at the battery ground post, or at the other end of the cable at the chassis ground.....good luck!

Sounds like a good idea. The heavy gauge red wire comes off the solenoid and goes into the fire wall...This is the one I jump? thanks

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom