'76 CJ7 fuel filler neck - where can I find one?

'76 CJ7 fuel filler neck - where can I find one?

AdamH

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'06 Rubicon LJ, '81 Scrambler, '06 Commander
I need a new fuel filler neck for my '76 CJ7 . As some of you know, a '77 and newer is a different design.

Any ideas?

neither

I need the metal neck. I have a new hose and to my knowledge and the various stores I have asked the '76 did not have a plastic surround.

The metal neck bolts to the tub on the left side with two screws, not in a round pattern like later models.

I'm thinking your's looks like this one

On the 73-75 it's on the right rear under the tail light with a rubber grommet. The key would be the hose size.
images

I put a TJ filler on a flipping door cover on the right side of the tub.
mdy0oePpg-1DdKs-g7-Wd5hZoX6EXTcyHI_cXns71rLDymF3XQ.jpg
images
images

The top picture is correct. I need to find one of those. The one I have has seen far better days. I would even take a used one but can't seem to find one of those either!

At this point I may just keep working on the one I have and see if I can make it better unless I come across one. The issue is the PO messed with the lip of the neck - no clue why - so it is out of shape. The gas cap won't seal properly so gas leaks out when going up a hill or over a bump when the tank is full. The Jeep is at the painter now :D so I would like to get the gas leak fixed before it starts leaking all over the new paint.

I have tried the original gas cap and now on my 2nd new cap (different ones) to see if I can get them to fit snug and it just won't happen.

Collins Brothers had one. I have called them a couple times in the past and they didn't. My luck they got one in recently.

Received it yesterday... looks brand new. :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom