77 CJ5 4.2l throttle cable bracket

77 CJ5 4.2l throttle cable bracket

wrg

Jeeper
Thanks
I'm in need of the bracket that the throttle cable connects to and the rod that connects the bracket to the carb for '77 AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . Mine is completely missing. PO cobbled up a cable and connection but it doesn't work correctly and looks horrible. I'm trying to get my CJ back to original. I've run into other problems with this year model in finding correct parts so I'm really looking for a proper '77 linkage hookup. I have a correct new cable and carb, just need to connect it to the pedal.

one bbl or 2 bbl? can I see pictures of what you have? :cool:

I'm in need of the bracket that the throttle cable connects to and the rod that connects the bracket to the carb for '77 AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . Mine is completely missing. PO cobbled up a cable and connection but it doesn't work correctly and looks horrible. I'm trying to get my CJ back to original. I've run into other problems with this year model in finding correct parts so I'm really looking for a proper '77 linkage hookup. I have a correct new cable and carb, just need to connect it to the pedal.

get one . :D

let me know what you have and I will see if I have enough pieces to put one together or at least show you what it was supposed to look like.

1 bbl Carter YF. I don't have a pic of the mess.

get one . :D

let me know what you have and I will see if I have enough pieces to put one together or at least show you what it was supposed to look like.

All I have is the cable and carb. Here is a pic sent to me that is thought to be what I need. Going by the length of the cable and the ball connector on the carb, it looks like it should be part of what I need. There should be a ball socket rod that connects the carb to the bell crank of the bracket.

bracket.png

The rod is actually pretty easy to fab. there are spring clips that can be found on the end of the throttle cable. I found the best doners were new Cherokees. you need a couple of those. drill holes in the side of a steel rod, at both ends and slide the springs on the ends and they will snap onto the ball end of the throttle bell crank and the bell crank in your picture. I think it is a 1/4" hole in a 5/16" rod but I would need to check.

I will have to look in my junk pile for an old cast iron manifold and that may take a week or two before I can be in the same county. :cool:

This is mine when I had a cast iron 2 bbl manifold with a carter carb.

I sure would appreciate it if you would check when you get time. No big hurry, I have been putting up with what I have for quite a while. I just remembered that I saw a couple of old CJs up the road several weeks ago. I'll drive back up that way and see what I can find.

Thanks for the help!

I see you are running a 4.0 head. I found a newly rebuilt 4.0 long block I think I can get at a good price. My AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l needs a rebuild maybe this winter. I was thinking of picking it up, using the head and selling the short block to recoop part of my cost. What did you use for manifolds? Did the 4.2s fit? Is it a difficult mod?

jump on it! I may or may not have something and it's going to be a couple weeks before I know.:cool:

I think I have one. Still need it ?

I just looked at your pic. The one I have is straight. Its from an 80s model so the linkage mustve changed. :(

jump on it! I may or may not have something and it's going to be a couple weeks before I know.:cool:

I just looked at your pic. The one I have is straight. Its from an 80s model so the linkage mustve changed. :(

I was later told that the pic I posted was from a 1980 and was similar but different than what mine is supposed to have.

Many thanks but I think I will hold off till I locate the proper one from a 1977. IOPort51 thinks he has the one I need so I'll just wait till I hear from him.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom