78 CJ5 rearend drive=line problem

78 CJ5 rearend drive=line problem

smitty

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ5
I just recently put a 700r4 backed with an NP208 Transfer Case in my 78 CJ5 . i am having a problem getting the drive line to not have so much of a bad angle. is there a way that i can move the rear end back and how or roll the rear end up towards the back of the Transfer Case ? Any ideas are helpful

That is the longest combination of Transmission and t-case you could get.
Best option is a TH350 to shorten things up and help with that angle.
That being said however, is this a street driven rig or just offroad?
what motor also?

It is powered by a Chevrolet V-6. yes it its a long combination but somehow i do believe that with some modification it will work. i just dont know where to begin

how much lift on it? Could you drop the tranfercase a bit?

It is my understanding that rolling the rearend up to point towards the t-case is not a good idea. And moving the rearend back would defeat the purpose of having a 5 (short wheelbase).

Move the engine forward towards the radiator get a CV rear driveshaft cut the perches off the rear axle and follow driveshaft makers instructions on linning it back up I dont know if thats enough but I think that will help you live wth the combo :chug:

Move the engine forward towards the radiator get a CV rear driveshaft cut the perches off the rear axle and follow driveshaft makers instructions on linning it back up I dont know if thats enough but I think that will help you live wth the combo :chug:

X2.;)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom