79 Rear Tire Mount

79 Rear Tire Mount

radman

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ5, 304, T150, Dana 20, Corp 20, Superior one piece axles
2012 JK Rubicon 2 door
on to the next project!!! my CJ5 does not have a opening rear tail gate.
the PO used the original rack to hold a 33" tire on and, well you guessed it,
the rear has cracked and needs some TLC. the original tire supports were
welded very poorly and have vibrated loose. seems that i could "chip" them
off and start from scratch..
you guys always have amazing and wonderful ideas, lets talk

radman

I have the same year without a tailgate. Although I only have 31" tires, I modified an Olympic Heavy Duty spare tire carrier. I drilled new holes, added a 1" square tube spacer, bent it to fit existing body holes using a rosebud torch) and reinforced the inside with some flat bar to distribute the pressure. It was about $100.

Olympic 4x4 Products 708-404 - Olympic 4X4 Products Xtreme Duty Tire Carrier in Rubicon Black for 76-06 Jeep® CJ-5, CJ-7, Wrangler YJ, TJ, Unlimited & Cherokee XJ - Quadratec
Olympic 4x4 Products 707-401 - Olympic 4X4 Products Heavy Duty Tire Carrier for 76-06 Jeep® CJ-5, CJ-7, Wrangler YJ, TJ, Unlimited & Cherokee XJ - Quadratec
(I presume you can also buy from one of the advertisers offering a discount to this site's visitor's--see the banner ads)

If I had the cash, I'd go with a bumper mount.

X2 on the swing away bumper mount, only way to go:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks