81 CJ5 Transfer case swap out.

81 CJ5 Transfer case swap out.
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
81 CJ5
Hello, I have a 81 CJ5 with a Chevy 350 and a Turbo 350 Transmission . My Dana 300 front output shaft looks like it lost a bearing and I'm looking for options. Should I put a rebuilt Dana 300 in or swap to something else? The Jeep is a weekend fun machine and I don't do much rock crawling so the twin stick upgrade I'm not sure if I would use. Any thoughts?

Forgot! Ford running gear; Dana 44 front and a 9" rear.

Last edited:
I'm with them keep the 300. Why not just rebuild it yourself and save a few $.
The twin stick is up to you but I love mine, makes it much easier to shift. I use 2wd low in the woods all the time.

The only real upgrade from a 300 is an Atlas tcase if you are hardcore and that will run at least 2k. As mentioned. The 300 is pretty easy to work on and it would be pretty cheap fix if its just a bearing.

The only real upgrade from a 300 is an Atlas tcase if you are hardcore and that will run at least 2k. As mentioned. The 300 is pretty easy to work on and it would be pretty cheap fix if its just a bearing.

From what I can find, for the same money you an upgrade the 300 to be more than equal to the atlas.

Ordered a master rebuild kit from Novak and one of their twin stick conversions. I will post some pictures of the rebuild. Thank you for your posts.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom