mbcj7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 cj7 project tailgate
1999 chevy silverado dd/race truck in progress
2010 nissan titan toy hauler
Picked this up off a friend who parked it in '01
Here it I in all it glory sleeping in a field being. Storage compartment for some bricks
4f8231aa.jpg
I have yet to take pics of it after a quick hose down and some tires that keep air on the inside for at least a little while.

I do however have pics of some of the wiring that was removed after the nutter bypass
07d2512f.jpg

Ill try and get some pics soon of how it sits and some after shots of the engine compartment.

I'm not looking to restore this one, just build a nice toy to take tailgating and possibly on a few trail rides.
It has 33's on it now but the PO told me how misrible I'll be with the current gears and 33's so I'll probably be re gearing in the future.
I'm undecided but if the I6 isn't quite enough for me I may drop a chevy 4.8 in there at a layer date.

I'll post more as I do more. My next few projects are getting the head lights working as well as brake lights (tails an reverse work fine)
Getting the clutch working (acts like the disk is frozen to the flywheel as it will not engage at all or dis-engage I've been in an auto too long)
Hopefully the brakes work decent enough
Plan to herculine the interior, dye the dash pad, and the bikini top should be here today.
Other than several other small things, hopefully by the end of next week at the latest I can remove the current fuel cell
c72029cd.jpg
Get the tank cleaned and start making a few short journeys in it.

It got a long way to go, but hopefully shell be good enough to make it through football season by September

I noticed you don't have the fuel return line hooked up that after market fuel cell. You may wanna check into that. LOL. Here's another idea you may consider for the bricks. Bag 'em, tie a rope to 'em and chunk 'em out when you need to stop. Good luck with the wrenches. P86.

The bricks were actually very exensive industrial insulation bricks for petro chem reactors. The make great borders for fire pits, however weren't enough for my use so I left em.
The return is being tricked and actually going back to the fuel tank, or at least the charcoal canister. I'll get all that fixed this week hopefully.
Here's some progress on the tub. Well, the rear at least

After a vacuum before prep, my slave laborer trying to avoid a photo
355eb64d.jpg
After
940d3648.jpg
86670048.jpg

I shoulda filled the holes first. Oh well hopefully theyvwill aid in veneration of the hot louisiana summers. I think I may patch the holes in the front before I line it though.
Hope to have more pics tomorrow

Finished the rest today
78cccd71.jpg
04fe2bb4.jpg
60f59c6f.jpg

Planning to move under hood for the valve cover gasket and new alternator tomorrow if the rain holds off

OK I got 2 ?'s. Where did the pix go? Where is home is Looseanna? I'm in Beaumont quite often, might can make a venture by if ya' close enough.

Hmmm I see pix.

I'm in Prairieville. Just outside of Baton Rouge

Well the comet must have left the system today because I can see the pictures. What rhino line did you use? Gimme some details..easy to use..cost..where did you get it..etc.. I'll be posting new to me tub pictures on my thread; so I'm looking at doing some rhino line and rust inhibitor stuff also.

Well the comet must have left the system today because I can see the pictures. What rhino line did you use? Gimme some details..easy to use..cost..where did you get it..etc.. I'll be posting new to me tub pictures on my thread; so I'm looking at doing some rhino line and rust inhibitor stuff also.

I like hurcliner. can get it at any automotive store or even your local Tractor Supply Co.

I used herculiner. I did NOT take my time and pull the seat belts, or the roll bar. figured I could get it good enough as Ill be replacing a good bit of the sheet metal at a later date. Looking back, it really wouldnt have taken much more effort (assuming I wouldnt have broken any bolts etc) to do it correct.

I picked up the one gallon kit from O'reilly down the road. It's pretty easy. Just skuff the paint wipe down with MEK, Acetone etc and apply

After dinner I figured Id go ahead and change that leaky valve cover gasket, to quiet the wife about all the oil stains developing lately (seems very close to the same time I got the jeep running. Hmmmmm)
Found a gasket at the local parts shop, finally got un-lazy and went out it. Seems the gasket wasnt the problem. When I looked at the cover I noticed these
8abc99b4.jpg
ff21f681.jpg

Look closely, its two separate cracks. Now to find a cover around town hopefully.
Also by cranking it in gear and holding on, Ive made a few trips around the block. It always had a slight miss, but IIRC my '81 did too. I just chalked it up to being a Jeep.
Maybe this explains part of that

3a7d5d0f.jpg

Guess valves cant work with the push rods taking a relaxation break.

Also I noticed the clutch linkage is work bad, like many others Ive seen posted. Hoping that may be my clutch issue. Id way rather that than dropping the Transmission to free the clutch disk from the fly wheel (I must be getting old)

The herculiner sounds good enough for me. I'll do the bottom of my tub in it. The push rod picture is scary. Here's some words to live by "JEEP-just empty every pocket". My manta "Will work for Jeep parts". peace out.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom