87 cj?

87 cj?

jeepjunkie

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
86' Jeep CJ-7
Did they make an early 87 cj by chance. Was looking at one that I'm going to part out and the vin had an 87 in it which was the only possible way of seeing what year it was.

Also I have an 86' CJ7 and was wondering how many of the cj years tubs would fit mine?

Thanks

Hi. No I have never heard of this. Does it have round headlights? I have heard of guys putting a cj grill on there yj jeep and vice versa. Or maybe someone swapped vins so they could get it back on the road at some point in its life. Chrysler bought jeep from AMC and produced there 1st 87 model naming it YJ. Changing a lot of things. 88 they made changes to the upper and lower doors and a few other things.

86 was the last year of the CJ. IF you have an 87, it is a YJ, and someone may have put a CJ grill on it.

Chrysler bought jeep from AMC and produced there 1st 87 model naming it YJ. Changing a lot of things. 88 they made changes to the upper and lower doors and a few other things.

Actually the YJ Wrangler was an AMC concept. CJ sales had been steadily falling off, primarily in my opinion due the bad press generated by Nader and his band of terrorist goons attack on the CJ5 from a few years earlier. The YJ was AMC's response, wider frame, lower and flatter springs, and a more “car” like feel. Chrysler didn’t take over AMC until August of 1987.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom