A day in the life

A day in the life

IOPort51

NOT the voice of reason Jeep-CJ.com
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj-5
4.2 W/MC2100 carb, 4.0 head W/3 angle valves,SS Header,TFI ignition with MSB-6 offroad module,CS144 140 amp RPS alternator with remote regulator T-150,d-20,Dana 44 with OX lock and disk brakes. D-30 with Spartin locker,
skyjacker 2.5 lift?nitro shocks,31" BFG A/T off road.8000 lb Warn winch, original owner.=^)

2006 Toyota Tacoma
It's Sunday the Jeep in running well, for the moment, it is raining, another big event here in the Republic and I had a bit of a problem getting motivated today. It would have been a good day to take several long naps and drink a few beers watching TV.BUT I managed to get off my backside and tidy up some wiring and finish the fuel tank sending unit access cover plate.

So, feeling quite proud of myself I am going to climb into the CJ and drive it someplace that sells burgers and beer and return home and find some lame old movie to watch that I will not feel bad about sleeping through.

It's been a good day.:chug:

watching ROOSTER COGBURN as i type
on the 4th beer
cooking country fried steak wit gravy
had only 1 nap today though
:chug:

Been a good day here, spent it changing to my trail tires and giving the jeep a go over. Gona take it out this comming weekend and do some trail riding.:chug:

Well after the Tornado that came thru Friday afternoon missed my shop by less than 100 yards (literally! It took out a fence line on the other side of the complex!), I decided I should get some work done out there this weekend.
SO I took the heads off my F-350 (blown head gasket symptoms but no damage to the 500 mile old gaskets??), took the shock mounts off the front of my CJ5 frame so I can replace them with Ford truck towers, then started stripping the latest parts donor for my (wife's) YJ spare parts build. Got quite a bit done for 1 day out there, but I start a new job tomorrow and I won't be at the shop much anymore.
Oh I also looked over the new axles for the CJ, Waggy 44 and Model 21. even put roller tires on them so I can get them in the shop one day...

And how was Your day?

Went for a 2 hour walk along the river with Vicki. Pulled the hei dizzy from the Scrambler and stabbed in the stock parts. Fired up right away. :)

Put the a/c in the bedroom window so I can sleep in the 90 degree heat thats coming tomorrow.

Sat on the glider on the porch with Vicki in absolutely gorgeous 75 degree weather with a nice breeze for an hour and a half. Drank 4 lite beers. ;)

Nice day.:chug:

Worked my *** off today, fabbed up my winch plate got it mounted, somehow while simultaneously putting the transmission back in my little brothers z71. On the plus side it was a beautiful day, and both things I set out to do today got done. Pics of the winch to come in a diff thread. must be nice to have a lazy day and drink beer. :D

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't have a very good day today.
I was planning on painting my garage. Only got half done and had to run into work. Spent 4 hours there, getting a server back up and running.

:bang:

glad the tornado missed you, what a spring, huh?:eek:

Well after the Tornado that came thru Friday afternoon missed my shop by less than 100 yards (literally! It took out a fence line on the other side of the complex!), I decided I should get some work done out there this weekend.
SO I took the heads off my F-350 (blown head gasket symptoms but no damage to the 500 mile old gaskets??), took the shock mounts off the front of my CJ5 frame so I can replace them with Ford truck towers, then started stripping the latest parts donor for my (wife's) YJ spare parts build. Got quite a bit done for 1 day out there, but I start a new job tomorrow and I won't be at the shop much anymore.
Oh I also looked over the new axles for the CJ, Waggy 44 and Model 21. even put roller tires on them so I can get them in the shop one day...

And how was Your day?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks