A day in the life

A day in the life

IOPort51

NOT the voice of reason Jeep-CJ.com
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj-5
4.2 W/MC2100 carb, 4.0 head W/3 angle valves,SS Header,TFI ignition with MSB-6 offroad module,CS144 140 amp RPS alternator with remote regulator T-150,d-20,Dana 44 with OX lock and disk brakes. D-30 with Spartin locker,
skyjacker 2.5 lift?nitro shocks,31" BFG A/T off road.8000 lb Warn winch, original owner.=^)

2006 Toyota Tacoma
It's Sunday the Jeep in running well, for the moment, it is raining, another big event here in the Republic and I had a bit of a problem getting motivated today. It would have been a good day to take several long naps and drink a few beers watching TV.BUT I managed to get off my backside and tidy up some wiring and finish the fuel tank sending unit access cover plate.

So, feeling quite proud of myself I am going to climb into the CJ and drive it someplace that sells burgers and beer and return home and find some lame old movie to watch that I will not feel bad about sleeping through.

It's been a good day.:chug:

watching ROOSTER COGBURN as i type
on the 4th beer
cooking country fried steak wit gravy
had only 1 nap today though
:chug:

Been a good day here, spent it changing to my trail tires and giving the jeep a go over. Gona take it out this comming weekend and do some trail riding.:chug:

Well after the Tornado that came thru Friday afternoon missed my shop by less than 100 yards (literally! It took out a fence line on the other side of the complex!), I decided I should get some work done out there this weekend.
SO I took the heads off my F-350 (blown head gasket symptoms but no damage to the 500 mile old gaskets??), took the shock mounts off the front of my CJ5 frame so I can replace them with Ford truck towers, then started stripping the latest parts donor for my (wife's) YJ spare parts build. Got quite a bit done for 1 day out there, but I start a new job tomorrow and I won't be at the shop much anymore.
Oh I also looked over the new axles for the CJ, Waggy 44 and Model 21. even put roller tires on them so I can get them in the shop one day...

And how was Your day?

Went for a 2 hour walk along the river with Vicki. Pulled the hei dizzy from the Scrambler and stabbed in the stock parts. Fired up right away. :)

Put the a/c in the bedroom window so I can sleep in the 90 degree heat thats coming tomorrow.

Sat on the glider on the porch with Vicki in absolutely gorgeous 75 degree weather with a nice breeze for an hour and a half. Drank 4 lite beers. ;)

Nice day.:chug:

Worked my *** off today, fabbed up my winch plate got it mounted, somehow while simultaneously putting the Transmission back in my little brothers z71. On the plus side it was a beautiful day, and both things I set out to do today got done. Pics of the winch to come in a diff thread. must be nice to have a lazy day and drink beer. :D

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't have a very good day today.
I was planning on painting my garage. Only got half done and had to run into work. Spent 4 hours there, getting a server back up and running.

:bang:

glad the tornado missed you, what a spring, huh?:eek:

Well after the Tornado that came thru Friday afternoon missed my shop by less than 100 yards (literally! It took out a fence line on the other side of the complex!), I decided I should get some work done out there this weekend.
SO I took the heads off my F-350 (blown head gasket symptoms but no damage to the 500 mile old gaskets??), took the shock mounts off the front of my CJ5 frame so I can replace them with Ford truck towers, then started stripping the latest parts donor for my (wife's) YJ spare parts build. Got quite a bit done for 1 day out there, but I start a new job tomorrow and I won't be at the shop much anymore.
Oh I also looked over the new axles for the CJ, Waggy 44 and Model 21. even put roller tires on them so I can get them in the shop one day...

And how was Your day?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom