A little drafty...

A little drafty...

my86Jeep

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ 7- 5spd, 258 6 cyl- pretty much all stock.
Does anyone know where I can find the tailgate channel that the soft top goes into.

Right now nothing holds my soft top down across the tailgate and needless to say...it's a little drafty.

mine just snaps into "button screws"... I know theres a channel for the front, never seen one for the rear.

what kind of soft top do you have?

:chug:
~ Jr

If you have a Bestop YJ soft top there is a channel that holds that rear window in place. That would explain why its flapping and doesnt have snaps. A pic would help. ;)
Does anyone know where I can find the tailgate channel that the soft top goes into.

Right now nothing holds my soft top down across the tailgate and needless to say...it's a little drafty.

Its for an 86 CJ7 with a Bestop Supertop. There is supposed to be a rear channel that fits over the tailgate much the same as the way the top connects to the rest of the body. I just can't find a replacement piece anywhere.

Bear with me a couple minutes. I have to go down stairs and find one if I have it and then take a pic.

Its for an 86 CJ7 with a Bestop Supertop. There is supposed to be a rear channel that fits over the tailgate much the same as the way the top connects to the rest of the body. I just can't find a replacement piece anywhere.

Jeez those pics dont even look that great. The rear window should have a round plastic "rod" throughout the bottom of the window that can be slid through that retainer channel. Make sense?

Its the dining room table. And its a picnic table at that , for all the darn kids that show up around here. :D Pointsettas for Xmas time ;)
That is heck of a bed spread! Floral! :)

That is heck of a bed spread! Floral! :)
CJ I think you need to get your eyes checked I can see clearly thats on a picnic table :D

Hes right though , its role played as a bed once or twice! :eek:

:chug:
CJ I think you need to get your eyes checked I can see clearly thats on a picnic table :D

What are we talking about here? You are looking for a floral soft top to match your table covering like this? I am sure that top will appeal to your grandmother.
channel4.png
I don't know if I can help you there but I do have the rear channel that holds the softtop to the rear tailgate. I could give it to you for free if you pay my shipping costs. I would think I would need a shipping tube.

Also lets make sure I have what you need. I bought a new Bestop softop for my CJ5 . I think the part you need is the same as what I have. The rear of a CJ5 is the same as a CJ7 .
This channel piece is new and still in the factory plastic. I reused my old channel since it was still good.

EDIT: my soft top has a lip that fits under this channel. Is that how your is? Some soft tops have snaps back there. If your soft top has snaps then this won't work.

Last edited:
Bestop Supertop tailgate bar
Part Number 288.75

I think it's $50.

Bestop
1-800-845-3567, Monday through Friday from 6am to 6pm, MST.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom