About to drop the HEI IN HAVE A ?

About to drop the HEI IN HAVE A ?

DIG

Jeeper
Thanks
So I know to turn the motor over by the crank and get number one up, my question is there anyway to know if you are on the exhaust or compression stroke?:chug:

Pull the plug on #1, put your thump or finger over the hole, when you feel it starting to compress the air you are getting close to top dead center...

You can also pull a valve cover and watch the rockers, when both are up you are on a compression stroke.

Pull the plug on #1, put your thump or finger over the hole, when you feel it starting to compress the air you are getting close to top dead center...

You can also pull a valve cover and watch the rockers, when both are up you are on a compression stroke.

X2 on that.:)

Don't know if you have done it or not , but you may want to swap out the drive gear on your dist-I chewed the cam gear off in two weeks cuz I did not know to do this. BIG MESS:mad:

Don't know if you have done it or not , but you may want to swap out the drive gear on your dist-I chewed the cam gear off in two weeks cuz I did not know to do this. BIG MESS:mad:
Good advice - been there with that problem, use the old dist gear or change them both out... AMC V8's love to eat gears! :)

Matched Gears

I just did this on mine, if you still have the old one in you don't need to even find #1 TDC...
just pull the cap off the old one and look where the rotor is pointing.
then just yank it and drop the new hei in with the rotor pointing in the same direction.
plug in your tach and power lead
turn key and fire!

took more time to plug the 2 wires in :laugh:

I agree with pulling the cap off to see the direction of the rotor... even if you aren't on it 100%, it will show you the direction it is in and when you put the new one in, it will be close, then just time it afterwards.

If you already pulled the distro, then just use the finger test... go around a couple times to feel the pushing out on your finger vs. not when you go around in similar positions.

cb

Just the 2 wires from the original coil? That simple?
Iplug in your tach and power lead
turn key and fire!

took more time to plug the 2 wires in :laugh:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom