Aluminum 3 core radiator.

Aluminum 3 core radiator.

Omahacj

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 cj7, Rebuilt AMC 258 w/2150 carb, crt hei dizzy and 3 core alum radiator, TF999, C300, D30 frt and AMC 20 rear. 1980 yamaha chopped to hardtail!
Just finishing up the rebuild on the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l and the old radiator tanks were shot and could no longer solder them. So I went with a 3 core aluminum with a seperate Transmission cooler on the bottom since it has a TF999 Transmission . I got it ina dn had to reroute some of the p/s lines but its only about 5/16 to and 1/4 inch away from the fan clutch. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm thinking now that I got it in and havent filled it yet that i should pull it out and space it towards the front more.

I would want more space than that.

Just finishing up the rebuild on the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l and the old radiator tanks were shot and could no longer solder them. So I went with a 3 core aluminum with a seperate Transmission cooler on the bottom since it has a TF999 Transmission . I got it ina dn had to reroute some of the p/s lines but its only about 5/16 to and 1/4 inch away from the fan clutch. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm thinking now that I got it in and havent filled it yet that i should pull it out and space it towards the front more.

My 1980 w/AMC 304 doesn't give you any wrench clearance btween radiator and PS Pump. I've eased the radiator up a quarter inch and a bit, drilled new mount holes. It is touchy since the rad is SO CLOSE! to the hood.

Don't know what else to do since the V-8 and weather at 30 degrees North create a bug need for all the cooling I can get.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom