Am I at Top Dead Center?

Am I at Top Dead Center?

Az84cj7

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 cj7 Inline 6, mopar fuel injection , T5 trans, dana 300, Dana 44's
I have my AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l on an engine stand. Just got it back from being rebuilt. how do I make sure its at TDC. Once Its at TDC how do I know the proper drop in for the distributor?
Thanks for the help

#1 piston will be at top of stroke and both vales will be closed, that would be compression stroke.
I see you have the mopar system and that is unique with regards to the distributor, when the system is installed new with the kit the distributor comes "pinned" in the correct spot and after droping it in you remove the pin. You will need to contact hesco for advice on correctly reinstalling it, they have a forum board that you can post on or make the phone call.

Thanks again. I called Hesco today and they walked me through it. Its a little different do to the Mopar Injection kit. Also got the engine back into the jeep. Cant wait to get her up and runing again.
thanks again

Thanks again. I called Hesco today and they walked me through it. Its a little different do to the Mopar Injection kit. Also got the engine back into the jeep. Cant wait to get her up and runing again.
thanks again
Thats gona be a nice motor! Let us know how it runs.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom