Announcing the 3rd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• I am 80% sure I will make it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Announcing the 3rd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
Point of fact, I will buy black bear and Poughkeepsie Gulch stickers for anyone that makes the trip and makes it over them.:cool:

if you make this trip, I will buy you stickers.:D
If you buy me the stickers this year, I'll gladly make the ride next year.:D

Everyone gets Jeep-CJ.com stickers and windshield banners.
I will gladly cover your jeep in stickers.
8653d1331037452-jeep-cj-com-stickers-stickers.jpg

windshield_banner_92-cropped__medium.jpg

and I am supposed to fall for that??:laugh:

Dave is making it easy on you this year. You don't have to pull over Red Mountain Pass.

believe me, that crossed my mind. And I an duly grateful.:notworthy:

For those that attend I will be gifting to each jeeper 150 rounds of ammo. Pick the type of round you want and PM me before the ride so I can have it for you for the ride. You have a choice of 9mm, .40, .45 auto, or 223/5.56. :biggun:

For those that attend I will be gifting to each jeeper 150 rounds of ammo. Pick the type of round you want and PM me before the ride so I can have it for you for the ride. You have a choice of 9mm, .40, .45 auto, or 223/5.56. :biggun:

That is almost worth the gas money!!!!!!:chug:

I love to go. I don't think any of my CJ's will be ready....can I bring a different 4x4, like a 2000 explorer and we can cover it with stickers and banners....??:eek: (I know - i should be flogged just for asking......:eek::eek::eek:)

Oh - I shoot a .20 Sheridan Blue Streak single shot pump (mine was made in Racine, WI about 30 years ago)....Yes this is a pellet gun, but other than my Darton bow and Mossberg 20 gauge shotgun, it's what I shoot the most.....besides the cap gun to scare the starlings....

The Explorer is OK with me, but just this once.:cool:

Oh yea, make mine 9. You have to be rolling your own I have not seen 3 boxes of 9mm on a shelf in a long while.

I love to go. I don't think any of my CJ's will be ready....can I bring a different 4x4, like a 2000 explorer and we can cover it with stickers and banners....??:eek: (I know - i should be flogged just for asking......:eek::eek::eek:)

Oh - I shoot a .20 Sheridan Blue Streak single shot pump (mine was made in Racine, WI about 30 years ago)....Yes this is a pellet gun, but other than my Darton bow and Mossberg 20 gauge shotgun, it's what I shoot the most.....besides the cap gun to scare the starlings....

This is all factory loaded. Also, if you prefer, I can do 5 boxes of 5 shotgun 12 ga. 00 buck or Slug or a mix of the two.

Sure, that would be fine. Does it have good ground clearance?
Busa,
When you say a "stock" CJ will be OK for these trails, how far back in time are we talking? Does my '67 w/ the V6 225 count? That CJ came with 15 in wheels (and really cool hub cabs too), so if I measure the ground clearance on my '67 and then can use that to compare to my "other" 4x4's (yeah I have several others to choose from...;), and the oldest of the F@rd's is a '91 Ranger XLT and THAT one DOES have a small lift thanks to my now college graduated oldest son. The 2000 Explorer is an XLT also but it has 16 in wheels. As far as I know the Explorer is stock except for air shocks in the rear for when we tow something heavy and a brake controller for the trailers with brakes. It has a class 4 hitch. They both have the 4.0L V6, but the Ranger is well above 300K (engine rebuilt and tranny replaced at 230K). But trucks have too long a wheelbase for tight spots and are too light in the rear unless you weight them down.....so it's probably not a good choice.

I have some horses that I ride on trails with great ground clearance. They will balk at the stickers though....

I'm so tired of watching life pass by:(:(:( - maybe I should just go out and buy a CJ set up for running trails. But how does somebody like me find one of these with the right equipment that isn't already worn out and beat to H:censored:??:(:(:(

I did order that new camera - a Canon PowerShot SX40 HS..... Thanks for your help...:notworthy:

I have a stock 1964 with a 4 cyl engine and she does just fine. We can keep up with the big dogs.

I have a stock 1964 with a 4 cyl engine and she does just fine. We can keep up with the big dogs.

That is great to know! Unfortunately, everything around here (home) keeps breaking and my dear husband can hardly keep up let alone make significant progress on a CJ - any of them...:( He is not a person to hire out work as it is expensive and usually done wrong anyway, so we do pretty much everything that we can ourselves. I am just really frustrated right now and it is showing....sorry if I am offending anyone...:eek:

With my other health problems and my eyesight problems(eyes are out of alignment bad due to some strange undefined brain event so the Dr's have told me - I see double up close most of the time, but have special glasses to corrrect some of it), I don't even know if I could make a full day of "real" wheeling on my own. I might need a buddie - but my husband drives truck for a living and doesn't want to drive far for a vacation....:(:( Truth be told I am on total disability - I HATE IT - I wish I could still work, but I cannot. Becoming dependant on others really su:censored:cks bad sometimes. Maybe this is how my eyesight got messed up - :bang::bang::bang:

Maybe I should just be happy that I didn't die off waiting for the surgery I had in January to fix my partially blocked intestine, and that the tumor wasn't cancer, and I can now tolerate foods beyond just ensure.....:)

I just really want to go on this trip.....It's on the bucket list...:D

hmm with me being behind 7 1/2 month due to my ankle im not gonna have it up and running but if a stock f150 could make it, i can retro fit a winch and MAKE IT WORK :D :D :D hahahaha this would be a hodge bodge of vehicles

nah i won't do that to everyone...don't want you to be jealous of my truck, ;)

just busting everyones chops

The evil IO is wanting to ask if you will be going to Poughkeepsie gulch this year.:D

But you don't have to answer that. Most of the places we will be going can be done in 2 wheel, they are just bumpy, narrow,tight cornered and remote.

even Black Bear only had a couple of places that made the little voice scream and neither one was the switch backs.:cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks