Anti-Theft

Those would not be hard to adapt, but the problem is that they could easily be over rode on a CJs basic wiring loom. Any dash mounted key can be hot wired in 5 seconds, and the simple way a cj is wired the column ones need about 10.
Now if you have nothing that draws any kind of electricity when the jeep is off such as a clock or modern radio, you can put in one of those battery disconnect switches under the dash.
I_495814_SW_1.gif

one like this used in the ground wire from the battery will kill the entire jeep, and you need that key to get it to work again. I once misplaced the key and could not get the thing to start because of the design of the part you cannot keep p reassure on the device where needed to let the electricity flow.
do not use this if you need to wire something to ground all the time.
I use it in my 70 and it has worked, I found my ignition switch on the floor one day and the jeep had not started.
I carry the key with the ignition key with a quick disconnect thing between. Not the perfect Idea but one that is very effective.

My Jacobs ignition system came with anti theft installed. It has a tiny little toggle switch that you hide, and when activated, it will shut the vehicle down in 15 seconds, and keep repeating untill the thief just leaves it in the middle of the road. :D

If you drive a stick,the cheapest anti theft I've found is a heavy duty pad lock.View attachment 1132

thats not all that great of a deterrent for someone that knows how to drive a large truck...Just start the rig in gear, drive it somewhere close, kill the engine and cut the pedal off. Have fun with your new toy!
Granted to a normal thief or joy-rider, it may slow them down, but for someone determined to have your hard for their own, it wont stop them. :chug:

thats not all that great of a deterrent for someone that knows how to drive a large truck...Just start the rig in gear, drive it somewhere close, kill the engine and cut the pedal off. Have fun with your new toy!
Granted to a normal thief or joy-rider, it may slow them down, but for someone determined to have your hard for their own, it wont stop them. :chug:

If they're determined nothing ever will.:mad:
The hardened steel heavy duty pad lock is as much of a deterrent as most
candy:censored: alarm systems.:rolleyes:
I suppose you could use the in conjunction with each other.
Down in Houston it's popular to use a "Rollback"in auto theft pursuits.;)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom