Any ideas on a cold natured motor?

Any ideas on a cold natured motor?

OEM1984CJ7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 258 w/T176
84 Cj w/ AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l and MC2100. Cooler weather is here in E. Tn and and I have never seen such a cold natured beast! Anything that you can do to help this? Even if the temp is 50 deg in the morning it is rough for a few minutes or until you start driving for a couple miles.

Anything?

Have you checked to make sure the choke system is working correctly?

I vote for the choke aswell. Hit it with some Gumout then set the choke, start it and make sure the pull off is opening the blade.

It has a manual choke and the butterfly opens and closes as it should. The linkage on the side is also moving but I am not that familiar with how it should actually operate. Can anyone post some pics and how it actually works?

What actually is the pull off?

Manual chokes don't have a vacuum opperated choke pull off. You must set the choke, start the truck and open it slightly 'till it smoothes out. You have a cable opperated choke ? Really???

84 Cj w/ AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l and MC2100. Cooler weather is here in E. Tn and and I have never seen such a cold natured beast! Anything that you can do to help this? Even if the temp is 50 deg in the morning it is rough for a few minutes or until you start driving for a couple miles.

Anything?

Proper Choke operation

Electric heater under the alum intake should be warm to palm touch after about 1 min... If cool from fuel evaporation it is not working

Alum Water Jacketed Intake Manifold is heated by engine coolant... It has a loop from front of engine to the front of manifold, the rear of manifold goes to the heater core, then the heater core exit goes to the front of the engine...

If the coolant hose on the front.... from the front of engine to the intake Coolant Hose LOOP and is too high, higher than the radiator, it can get a air bubble and the bubble will stop coolant flow.. This will not heat the manifold well and will also lessen the coolant flow to your heater core..

If these are set up rigth they work even in 10s and 20s F Temps. I started my CJ after storage outside for 5mo at -35F for wks and it was30F and damp and cold for a wk of snow.... Started right up and after2 min went down the road and worked fine... So a TN winter or Fall temps should be no Issue...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom