Anybody have snow yet?

Anybody have snow yet?

Zuni

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7, 03 WJ
We did on Oct 4th! Wanted to take pictures, but lost my camera in Lake Tahoe (Long story, but it involved my canoe, a wave runner, and my dog leaning the wrong way). Anyway I measured 4 inches of snow, and it took 3-4 days to melt. I think this is going to be a big snow winter for us this year. 2 years ago I couldn't see my 6 foot backyard fence, last year wasn't that bad as it never got over 4 feet for the most part. It would snow, then melt, then snow again. The old CJ doesn't do great in the snow so I'll be putting it in the garage mid Nov to start the MPI/4.0 head conversion. Can't wait to get that done. It's been document several times but maybe a fresh build documentation of my '84 would be interesting. Any interet in that?

Snow? What is snow? :) We will get to a down right cold, low of 60 in a few days! :)

so I'll be putting it in the garage mid Nov to start the MPI/4.0 head conversion. Can't wait to get that done. It's been document several times but maybe a fresh build documentation of my '84 would be interesting. Any interet in that?
Always interested in another tech article!

I need to get out the Farmers Almanac to see when we will start getting the stuff. I dont like it because Bubba will be home from school

Not yet, but here in MI they have had some.

CJ I call BS as when I lived in Jacksonville, FL years ago, they had snow that lasted more than a day. Talk about funny! Watching people panic for a dusting was fun.

Well you nick is iCEMAN ! :)

I actually drove up to St Augustine from Orlando once when it was snowing pretty good (for FL)...

Here in my little S GA town - I haven't seen any real snow (that stuck) in going on ten years now. It sure does get damn cold for a day or two though! :laugh:

You ALL need to come to Montana we have winter 9 months out of the year and the other 3 months is blazing hot summer! But god do i love winter cause ill be elk hunting in 10 days and ill upload the photos of the 6x6 bull i will be bring home!

Casa Grande Az. No snow. Sandstorm once in the 10 years I was there. Honestly I dont know why everyone doesnt wanna live in the desert. :D

Well you nick is iCEMAN ! :)

I actually drove up to St Augustine from Orlando once when it was snowing pretty good (for FL)...

Here in my little S GA town - I haven't seen any real snow (that stuck) in going on ten years now. It sure does get damn cold for a day or two though! :laugh:

Last snow in GA that was worth speaking about was in the 80's.
I remember my dad and I took out the old ford for a spin.
A short wheelbase 1978 Ford truck with a 429CJ motor,
It was a blast.

Casa Grande Az. No snow. Sandstorm once in the 10 years I was there. Honestly I dont know why everyone doesnt wanna live in the desert. :D

I spent some time on Ft Huachuca and have proof..... my girl took some pictures of the white stuff coating the cactus and rocks that we called our backyard in March of '06....lol. It lasted all of about 3 hours.... but it was kool :)

Hmm I thought I posted in here already.

Anyways, When I lived in Las Vegas, NV, it snowed about 1.5" on the valley floor. It was funny seeing all the desert dwellers decide they can drive just like on a summers day and play bumper cars all over town. It snowed there again a few years ago, wish I was there for that one also! :laugh:
Its kinda like driving in Seattle or Portland, OR when it starts raining. EVERYONE hits the brakes and slows to a crawl. UUMM HELLO people- This is I-5 here! Major freeway! Don't stop all 4,5,6 lanes like that! Tends to cause a few accidents. But it rains there 9 months out of the year. You'd think they would learn to drive in rain? No.
You should see it when it snows in Seattle proper, with all the steep hills....:laugh: Full day's entertainment!

disclaimer...NO offense meant to our members living in the mentioned areas. But I lived there at one or more times and saw it firsthand....

Every year, first snow, people here act like they have never seen snow, let alone drive in the stuff.

And I know driving in ice sucks, but people act like... retards, for lack of better word.

What would Al Gore say? Global cooling? If I wake up with ozone in my hole thats gonna really be strange. :laugh:
I spent some time on Ft Huachuca and have proof..... my girl took some pictures of the white stuff coating the cactus and rocks that we called our backyard in March of '06....lol. It lasted all of about 3 hours.... but it was kool :)

Woke up this morning and the white stuff is falling in the East for the first time... early this year. I only had 1/2 the leaves picked up... DOH! It isn't sticking though.

cb

It snowed most of yesterday, and there was an 1" of it on my truck by the time I left from work, near Waterbury, CT. It is still here this morning! :mad: Many of the leaves on the trees are still green, only about 25% have fallen. This sucks! I'm thinking it's going to be a very white winter. :(

Hey, I lived in Waterbury for a while, grew up in New Milford/Brookfield most of the first 18 years... then started to trend Northward and now I live in a place that is ALWAYS white in the winter!

cb

Hey, I lived in Waterbury for a while, grew up in New Milford/Brookfield most of the first 18 years... then started to trend Northward and now I live in a place that is ALWAYS white in the winter!
cb
LOL...I"m glad my Nortward trend went from Florida to CT, instead of CT to NH! :D

How much snow did you get?

Have to fly to Chicago on the 2nd of Nov for a few hours... Snow or cold? Don't know but I'll be there!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom