Are 304-360 harmonic balancers the same?

Are 304-360 harmonic balancers the same?

OEM1984CJ7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 258 w/T176
I have a grove worn in my balancer and worried about leaks. I can find plenty of 360 balancers with part#3230131 stamped on them but mine has #3230130 stamped on it. I could have it turned down and change to another smaller diameter seal but would rather just buy a good used one.

Are they the same???

They are both 4 bolt pulley mount. I think all the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l balancers were 3 bolt pulley.

thanks.

Last edited:
I would say no. The crank assy for the AMC V8 is balanced as a set. That balancer goes with that crank, flywheel and rods.:D

I have a grove worn in my balancer and worried about leaks. I can find plenty of 360 balancers with part#3230131 stamped on them but mine has #3230130 stamped on it. I could have it turned down and change to another smaller diameter seal but would rather just buy a good used one.

Are they the same???

They are both 4 bolt pulley mount. I think all the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l balancers were 3 bolt pulley.

thanks.

Yes, I can order that kit from advance auto parts but it does not come with an installation tool for the sleeve. Did yours come with a installation tool or how did you install yours without banging it up?

I can order the sleeve by itself for $7 but they tell me I need the $26 tool to tap it on.

thanks.

That is what I planned on using because I am surely not paying $26 for the tool. I ordered one from Advance auto and will see how it goes.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom