As usual help :)

As usual help :)
As the Horn told you the breather is where you hide the air cleaner. The one barrel air breather will fit the two barrel carb but it will not allow enough air flow. If at all possible grab the breather too.

There is a hose that runs from the radiator to the engine on the top. Where the hose clamps to the engine is a removable hose fitting called the "goose neck". The goose neck is where they hide the thermostat that controls the coolant flow which controls the engine temperature. There will be a small 3/4 inch hose that goes to the heater and there may be a 3/4 inch hose that goes to a hose fitting on the intake manifold. Your 1977 does not have a water hose that goes to the manifold but you may encounter one at the grave yard. The manifold will bolt on the head and the two barrel will fit on the manifold. I am not sure that it will be any real problem at all, it will just be different then the original one.

The air injection manifold is a series of 3/8 inch tubes that are connected to the exhaust manifold. The purpose was to inject fresh air into the exhaust to ensure complete combustion and decrease emissions. If this system was not working at tip top it could cause rough idle and back firing. If you have the holes for the injection manifold in the exhaust manifold they will have to be plugged with something and I don't think J B weld is going to do it, pipe plugs may work.

The donut gasket is in the outlet of the exhaust manifold, where the exhaust pipe connects to the manifold. On the 77 it was a replaceable gasket, on later models it was cast as part of the manifold and it did not deteriorate and need to be replaced. Donut gaskets are a PITA:censored: and if a later model exhaust can be found with the outlet I described, I highly recommend it.:cool:

You will need the torque wrench to install the manifolds if you don't get proper torque on the bolts in the proper sequence it will leak. If it leaks it will run like hammered :dung:.:dung:

This is a walk in the park, the guy at the yard will more than likely be able to hook you up but it will be in your best interest to at least be able to talk a good story. :rolleyes:

Good Luck:chug:

This is a fine example of the water heated/cooled?? intake manifold. You can see the hose stubs on the front and rear.
I would not think this is a bad price, I would like it better if it came with all the bolts,washers and spacers. and of course a matching exhaust manifold.
I always expect too much.:cool:
good looking out Elwood !!
Corey should press the "thank you " button:punk:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom