AX15 any good for my application?

AX15 any good for my application?
watch what year you get of the AX15, a internal hydraulic slave is a bit problematic, make sure you get the outside one.
I think you are going be amazed by the tranny, I have put it under a few Jeeps and never have had a problem with it. Have ripped out a few NV3550s to put in AX15s, they are great tranny.

93 and bleow ax's should have the internal setup.. They can be converted to external by swapping a later ax or nv3550 bellhousing tho.

watch what year you get of the AX15, a internal hydraulic slave is a bit problematic, make sure you get the outside one..

The Transmission it self is not problematic its the throw out cylinder.If you put in one of the cheap plastic ones they fail relatively quick. The metal ones last alot longer. The real PITA is when it comes time to change one. I can change em in my driver way in about 4hrs with a few runs under my belt. The internal slave is a good reason to talk some one down a little bit on em. To convert an internal to external I beleive takes a little more then changing the bell housing.. you have to change some thing in the Transmission also.. Make sure if you aer looking for a ax-15 to read up on how to identify em make sure your not getting a BA-10 or ax-5

another problem is that if you pull the tranny the inside one needs to be replaced, it kinda does not survive the pull for some reason
other than that the AX 15 is bulletproof in most applications

another problem is that if you pull the tranny the inside one needs to be replaced, it kinda does not survive the pull for some reason
other than that the AX 15 is bulletproof in most applications

I have never heard of one not surviving after removing the Transmission .. How ever if it was a few years old and the Transmission is out I would change it just on principal.

see it all the time, must be a regional problem

I have not seen anyone mention it, but the T-19 might be a viable alternative since it is fully synchronized and can be had with a 5:1 first gear which kinda splits the difference between the 6.3:1 wide range and the 4:1 models. A little harder to find, but might work for your application.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom