Believe I have a carb issue....

Believe I have a carb issue....

KJs 83CJ7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ7, 258
2010 JK Sahara
OK (start by saying hello to everyone, i'm new and will be asking some questions and checking these forums daily - just picked up an 83 CJ7 and it's my first dive into older cars in general)

Here is a run down of my problem - Running a Webber carb.

Drove on the hyway (between 45 and 65) for about 2 hours. Around this time, I started feeling some putter or jerking (assuming this is the carb not getting fuel into the engine). I stopped for some lunch, and noticed that the silver setting wheel (in line with the fuel line) was set to 4. I lowered this to 3.5 and off I went. This made the problem WAY worse. Was jerking in 3rd gear all the way to the next exit. At this point, I put it back to where it was - at 4 - and got back on the road. I had no issues for the next 200 miles, but then it started happening again, same way, in 4th gear. I stopped again to maybe make another adjustment - when just then, my headlights just stopped working. At that point, I checked into a hotel, waited for sun and drove the last 100 miles home - and had NO issue with the carb.

In short, seems to be after prolonged driving, Webber carb, set to '4'.

Be easy, i'm new here....

Ken

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom