best clutch?

best clutch?

79cj7bogger

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj with a 258 mated to t150
Looking for the best clutch on the market that is heavy duty and pocket friendly.

I'm happy with my Center Force clutch.

I agree, check out Centerforce. What kind of engine and drivetrain do you have? Please fill out your profile so we know what we are dealing with. Since I don't know I will cover the options.

Centerforce
They make several clutches. Three of which would work good in a CJ:

Certerforce I - Although considered an OEM replacement this clutch is more stout and has better holding power than what the factory put in.

Centerforce II - This is a heavy duty clutch and will stand up to many years of abuse. Centerforce says this clutch is "ideal for off-road and towing applications"

Centerforce DualFriction - Although I would not recommend this for your jeep I am going to mention it anyway. This is an extreme duty clutch that is popular with the hot rod groups. It can hold up to a high performance engine or extreme off-roading where you would be worried about burning up a lesser clutch.

Without knowing more I would say Centerforce II. A good compromise. That DualFriction is probably too much.
Check out this link: Centerforce Clutches
Centerforce.jpg

X3 I have a Centerforce Gold clutch (II) and have had it for years it works great, I also have had the dual friction which was awesome:chug: but it is not off road friendly

Never had an issue using Luk clutches. They don't have the clamping force of a Centerforce, but you don't need it either.

I have a ceramic composit on my jeep got from local brake and clutch shop , I also use a 3 finger pressure plate . I had a diaphram one before and going through mud and water fill the fingers up and slipping clutch happens

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks