Boat sides?

coldair

Full Time Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 cj7 in the works,
1996 F350 crew cab with a 5.9 cummins
Im thinking about doing boat sides on my CJ7 . Who has done this to thier jeep? :)

Interesting idea, the transition into the front fender is going to be a bit messy. How does that work?:cool:

maybe with tube fenders?

Ok when you find it post her up im still up in the air on this. its eather fix the rust or boat side it.

I recall CJim7 did this to his. I am sure he can give you some good info. Maybe PM him?

I recall CJim7 did this to his. I am sure he can give you some good info. Maybe PM him?
I was kind of hoping he would chime in on the thread but he hasnt been on the site for a while.

as a rule I am in favor of keeping CJs looking as much like CJs as possible but if I had rotten rockers I would be all over this. about 8 feet of 10 ga. cold rolled with a couple of breaks, this would be a walk in the park and I can see it being a cool thing structurally and in appearance. And of course built in rock sliders.:cool:

aefc85c7-cb30-095c.jpg

My solution to a little bit of rust and I mean a little bit. Ground the cancer out and made sliders

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Im thinking about doing boat sides on my CJ7 . Who has done this to thier jeep? :)

I think I like them, Derf has me considering the XJ rear spring conversion, I've been day dreaming all day about getting a tubing bender and chopping up my fenders, and tomorrow morning I'm picking up an '87 suburban with a TBI350/SM465/NP208 combo... I might be slipping to the dark side...:eek:

Both look good to me. i think i will go with the daves if i go this rought.

One thing to note the ones on the Pirate thread seem to enclose the cut away area in the front of the tub. Right at the firewall to keep it enclosed. I may change my mind.
Both look good to me. i think i will go with the daves if i go this rought.

I didnt see that thanks for the heads up.

I just noticed the pirate boat sides you have to have a 1 inch body lift. I will be going with the Daves.

Thought I would bring this thread back. I want to see some picture of these installed :D I've been dreaming all day long on how I can put these on my cj with the stock front fenders without cutting them up. Had a fellow Cj lover give me a good deal on a set that have never been installed.

That's the only way I could see it working too Pete. Maybe I need to get some tube fenders

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom