Boat sides?

Boat sides?
It dosent look like you go back from this mod, the only way I see it working is with the trimmed up front fender to match the 45 degree tub I would think the only way it would look right is with tube fender flares at minimum :rolleyes:

I was thinking a bit more about this today. I like the look of the round front of the later Cjs fenders. I hate when people cut the front off and "flat fender" it.

How about matching the angle of the boatside and the lower portion of the fender leaving everything else relatively stock. Maybe cut the flare and have it start inline with the door sill / tub area? I'll throw in a flare for you to work with just to see what you come up with. :)

I wish I could draw up what Im thinking. You could basically tube and reinforce the lower portion of the new fender while retaining the stock style of the top. Does this make sense to anyone but me?? :D

I was thinking a bit more about this today. I like the look of the round front of the later Cjs fenders. I hate when people cut the front off and "flat fender" it.

How about matching the angle of the boatside and the lower portion of the fender leaving everything else relatively stock. Maybe cut the flare and have it start inline with the door sill / tub area? I'll throw in a flare for you to work with just to see what you come up with. :)

I wish I could draw up what Im thinking. You could basically tube and reinforce the lower portion of the new fender while retaining the stock style of the top. Does this make sense to anyone but me?? :D

makes sense to me...same thing i was thinking about how to keep original fender

Gotchya. When I here tube fender I usually think of an utter disreguard for stock body lines. Usually the "flare" on tube fendes is a nice piece of d.o.m. tube.

:chug:

I would say that a boat sided CJ would need tube fenders. There is no way to gracefully follow up a radical body mod like that with stock fenders. I would have to be thinking a mother of a set of rock rails and opened and flared rear wheel wells also.

Once you cut off the rocker panels you open a big ol bag of snakes.:cool:

If you guys figure this out post up the results, I think that tube and flat fenders look tough but agree and would prefer a stock look since it is an older Jeep. I just can't run stock fenders with the wheeling I do or the choice would be to keep buying more or having them look destroyed.

I think i know what your talking about. I do like the look of the of the stock fenders thats why I was trying to figure that out. :notworthy:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom