Can I use a hard top and hard doors?

Can I use a hard top and hard doors?

doyle78

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
Red '78 CJ7 AMC 304
I just bought a '78 CJ that just came with a bikini top and half soft doors. Will a hard top and hard doors fit or am I stuck with a soft top and doors?

Ok, good. So here's my problem. I brought home a door from a fellow CJ owner to see how it would look on my Jeep. When I installed it, the door couldn't shut because of the windshield. The angles were off, if that makes sense. The windshield laid back too far.

you just need to adjust your windshield to the right angle.

Is there another way to adjust the angle besides removing the bolts and moving the windshield forward? I did that and everything lined up great, but then there was no way to get the bolts back in.

Yes. Leave the big reatining knobs in on both sides, loosen the two bolts holding the brackets in place. Once you get your windshield lined up correctly, retighten those four bolts.

3360d1277758147-cj-windshield-frame-img_1768_1024x768.jpg

Is there another way to adjust the angle besides removing the bolts and moving the windshield forward? I did that and everything lined up great, but then there was no way to get the bolts back in.
:confused: The slots are uaually long enough, if not I'm not sure what you would do. How far off are the bolts from fitting.

That was my fault old dog. I thought the retaining knobs were the only way to move the windshield. I appreciate your help.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom