can someone identify this transmission by this pic?

can someone identify this transmission by this pic?

mylittlecj5

RIP Mike, we'll all miss you
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'74 CJ-5,
360 AMC Engine.
35x12.50x15 TSL Super Swamper tires.

In a frame off rebuild for a long time...
I am looking at a 79 CJ7 and one of the pics he sent over is this one. Is that the Transmission I think it is?
It has apparently been swapped in behind the V-8 in the engine bay, I can tell that much. It is a 4 speed according to the owner.

I'm not terrably good at visually ID-ing yet... But It looks like what you want it to be after looking through T-18 Transmission - Google Search

:cool:

Good Luck!
:chug:
~ JR

It doesn't look like a T-18 . Not near big enough. Looks more like a T-15 or AMC 150 , which are both 3 speeds. More pictures and some numbers might help. Also check the shift pattern. Where is reverse?

Tommy

I believe that it a T-176 . Very good tranny.

I want to say the t-case looks a lot like a Dana 300 . The cover plate behind the front output shaft doesn't quite look like a Dana 20 configuration. The Transmission does look like it could be a T-176 . Considering the T-176 and Dana 300 were offered together, this would be my guess.

The t-case information will be cast into the back.

As far as identifying the Transmission , looking here The Tremec T176, T177 & T178 Jeep Transmissions - Novak Conversions I see "Typical casting numbers found on the T-176 main case can be C-2604203 or c-2604206. Top cover casting numbers like C-2604208 are common."

I am going to agree with Kane and Derf. I think it's a T-176 (or one of it's relatives T177 or T178). It's hard saying if it has been swapped in.

Man i suck at this game!! Lol :D
LOL me too!
I was hoping it was a T-18 :drool:, but I think you guys are right, it being some variant of a T-176 ...:rolleyes:
I haven't seen it, a guy wants to do some trading for the '7 its sitting in, and I am trying to place a value on the truck.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom