center force clutch

center force clutch

IOPort51

NOT the voice of reason Jeep-CJ.com
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj-5
4.2 W/MC2100 carb, 4.0 head W/3 angle valves,SS Header,TFI ignition with MSB-6 offroad module,CS144 140 amp RPS alternator with remote regulator T-150,d-20,Dana 44 with OX lock and disk brakes. D-30 with Spartin locker,
skyjacker 2.5 lift?nitro shocks,31" BFG A/T off road.8000 lb Warn winch, original owner.=^)

2006 Toyota Tacoma
Has anyone any experience with a center force clutch?
is it worth twice the price and do you need to have a hydraulic assist to keep your left leg from getting bigger than your right?

I have used centerforce and the pedal pressure actually decreased. The diaphragm fingers have less pressure on the TO bearing then the three finger type...

did you use the CF1 or CF2 ?? I hate to split hairs, I just don't know if I need the "Competition" version.:confused:

The clutch and stick have always been my choice but I must admit, as I get older, 5:00 traffic can make my mind wander to day dreams of an automatic.
I'm so ashamed:(

did you use the CF1 or CF2 ?? I hate to split hairs, I just don't know if I need the "Competition" version.:confused:

The clutch and stick have always been my choice but I must admit, as I get older, 5:00 traffic can make my mind wander to day dreams of an automatic.
I'm so ashamed:(

I think the CF1 is great in most cases (30% more clamping force than stock), but for extreme wheelin' with a v-8, a CF2 should be fine (60% more force w/ heavier pedal)
Then there's the dual friction for 2x the money...

I'm thinking the CF1 will do a good job on my poor sad tired old week assed AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l .

the motor comparison thread in the drive train forum is starting to get me down.:laugh:

making for a lighter clutch peddle is worth the extra coin all by itself.

Last edited:
I have a CenterForce II clutch and the pedal pressure is about the same as the old stock type replacement clutch. The extra grab of the CenterForce II clutch is based on high RPM which I don't use much off road. Doing it again I wouldn't buy the CenterForce II clutch.

On a stock (tired) engine, I think a Centerforce is money wasted. It won't make it faster or run better. Get a quality OEM unit and live with the extra pedal pressure (in traffic, switch out using your right foot). Save your cash for the coming engine rebuild (or conversion)

Paul

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom